Story 4 - Rivalries

Sebastian's point of view (3rd grade):

"Hey Seb! Come on, hurry up, you snoozer!", Anne said and pulled me by the arm along with her.

We had to go to training. Anne and I had been on the Slytherin Quidditch team since the beginning of second year. We took the positions of the Beaters. That meant we were supposed to protect our team from the bludgers.

Anne and I did our job really well actually. Attacking other people with balls gone wild was right up our alley.

It was a Saturday morning in March. It was raining and quite cold. But training had to be done. After all, the game against our biggest rival was coming up in a fortnight, and in particular against my personal biggest rival.

We and Gryffindor had the same score, so the winner of this match would win the Quidditch cup for his house.

And apart from the fact that both teams in this game were overly committed to winning, the spectators also became really obnoxious when something went differently than they wanted.

I also had a personal problem with one of the other team's beaters, so I was especially motivated to help the Slytherin team win.

My personal goal for this game was to knock that arrogant, ginger bastard off his broom. Then, I must admit, I wouldn't really care about the result of the game.

Anne jumped excitedly on her broom and flew a few loops, "Seb, don't make such a long face!" she called to me.

Anne. My bridge over troubled water. My beloved twin sister.

We were really close and so we and Ominis almost always spent our free time as a trio.

I flew after her and the training began. Anne and I played the bludger to each other over and over again. We mastered our skills, despite the fact that we were only in our second year on the team.

We trained hard and by the end of our training session I saw the Gryffindor players arriving.

But more importantly, I saw the most beautiful girl I had ever seen take her seat in the tribune. Caelie Lewis. I had been in love with her for a long time.

Anne noticed my wandering gaze, "Come on Seb, today is not the day to argue with Garreth." she said, dragging me along with her.

"Anne, this has nothing to do with arguing. The fucking creep is a mental case, I'm telling you! He's threatening every guy who even looks at Caelie in the wrong way," I said quietly.

We were walking past the Gryffindors when suddenly one of the bludgers hit me in the back.

"Are you fucking serious, Weasley?!", I shouted in rage.

"Sallow, that was a Bludger. It's in the nature of Bludgers to attack people. You should know that as a beater, though." he said, sneering at me.

"Sebastian, stop," Anne said and grabbed me by the arm. "That's right Sebastian, stop. Listen to your sister.", he said and continued to grin so falsely.

Suddenly I grabbed him by the chest and pulled him towards me. "Just shut your fucking mouth, Weasley," I hissed. "Yes. As soon as you stop staring at Caelie," he replied, his gaze turning icy cold.

"I can look at her as long as I want, Weasley. She. is. not. your. Girlfriend. Get that into your fucking head, you moron.". Abruptly, he leaned further towards me and smiled, "She will be one day, though. And that's precisely why you're going to keep your fingers off her. Otherwise you won't have any fingers anymore.", he whispered at the end.