Chapter 2: Tori's place

Author notes: It took me so long to come up with ideas for this chapter, but I've got a general baseline now of how I'm gonna keep this story going! I hope you guys are enjoying so far!

Tori's PoV

*------------*

Well, shit. I guess everyone is coming over. Everyone always comes to my place for some reason, I don't know. But to be honest, I really don't mind. Trina bailed on dinner, and my parents? Literally never home. Dad works a lot, he's a cop. Mom? To be honest, I don't actually know where she was lately. She'd come home sometimes, but not for too long. She'd always say that she was gonna go stay with a friend. I was a little suspicious of her sometimes, I mean, who really wants to put up with a friend for that long with no breaks. But sometimes it was just better not to question anything with her. I didn't wanna annoy her when she actually decided to come home. And I love my sister, but honestly it did upset me when she bailed on dinner so often to go hang out with people, so seeing my friends was a nice distraction. Having everybody over all the time was better than being constantly alone. But today, I was a little stressed about it. Jade was gonna be coming, and after earlier, I didn't really know if I could actually trust Beck when he told me she was over it. We had stupid little fights all the time, but today felt different. She seemed way angrier than normal, and it honestly made me wonder if she was being truthful about it being okay. And I kinda wondered too if her and Beck were genuinely okay.

I sat back down on the couch for a while, kicking my feet up and waiting patiently for my friends to arrive. They were gonna be a couple of hours, so I had some time to kill. Well, I guess more shitty reality TV it is! 

After a while, I found it hard to stay awake whilst watching random celebrities' family drama unfold, but with no family home, and no food plans, there seriously wasn't much else to do. Or at least I thought so. My binge watching session was interrupted when I heard a sudden ringing of the doorbell.

What the fuck? It's like 5pm. Nobody is meant to be here for another hour and half. I dragged myself off of the couch, and made my way to the door. It rung again as I made my way there.

"Hold on, I'm coming!" I called out, slightly annoyed. Seriously, it's so annoying when people do that! I made it to the door, and placed my hand on the handle, still sort of confused as to who could be here. I opened the door slightly when I was met by a familiar sight and voice.

"Hiiiiii!" the voice called, right before I was hit with the sight of bright red hair, that bubbly smile, and a light pink shirt with blue jeans. 

"Cat?" I questioned, honestly confused as to why she was already here, "You're like an hour early!" I finished, looking down to meet her eyes, where she still had a smile plastered on her face. I couldn't help but love Cat, even when she did random stuff like this. I mean, how could you not? She always managed to brighten everybody's mood, and even Jade hung out with her sometimes. Like a few months ago, when Jade stayed round her place for a couple of nights because her house had a bug infestation or something. 

"Yeah, sorry about that." She giggled, bouncing a little. "But I need to talk to you, Tori!" She added after a few seconds, the words stressing me out instantly. I ushered her to come in, and she hastily skipped through my door, making her way over to the couch, where she took a seat. I closed the door behind me, and followed her, taking a seat next to her.

"What's up?" I asked, now a little worried. I remained making eye contact with her, but her face still hadn't shifted from smiley, so I had no clue if something was even wrong or not. I mean, normally a smile like that would mean no, but this is Cat Valentine we're dealing with here, so I kept my guard up.