Chapter 7: Friends

Tori's PoV

*__________*

A few mundane days had now passed by, and Jade had been coming to school like she said she would, but she hadn't been seen in Sikowitz's class even once, and honestly I was starting to miss her presence. I'm assuming it was probably to avoid Beck, and her plan was working, because they hadn't interacted at all since the night she stayed over. The word about their breakup had spread pretty quickly, partly because it was obvious, but also because Beck had made it clear to the others in our friend group that it had happened, and he wouldn't be hanging around with us if Jade was there.

I hadn't really spoken to Jade a lot since, but I'd checked in on her every now and then, and she seemed to be doing a little bit better than the day it happened.

It was now Friday morning, and the morning of the long anticipated party that had been announced by Andre earlier that week, and everybody seemed excited. Except, I was now yet again feeling way off about going. At first, I hadn't wanted to go because I was just feeling a little bit down, but now, it felt weird going because of everything that had happened over the past few days with Jade. Not to mention the fact she had also had an entire breakdown about going whilst her and Beck were still together, and I couldn't really imagine her feeling much better about the whole thing now they'd freshly broken up.

I was sat in Sikowitz's class, trying my hardest to listen to him going on and on about something that was probably more important than I was treating it. I had decided to sit next to Cat, because I knew Jade wasn't going to be in class, so it's not like I had to worry about taking her seat, and it was honestly quite fun sitting next to the perky redhead, I mean, it gave me somebody to talk to.

"Tori?" I heard her whisper, whilst trying her hardest not to be noticed by our teacher, who was still in the middle of lecturing us.

"Yeah?" I whispered back, still looking toward the front of the room, also trying my hardest to not get caught. I really hope she does not ask me about the party.

"You are still coming to the party later, right?" 

Damn it.

"Uhh," I murmured, actually thinking about it a little bit myself. "I guess I'll be there..." I finally finished, not actually knowing if that was true.

"Good. I'll see you there, then!" Cat quietly giggled.

I didn't really feel like staying there and talking to her about a party I had been dreading the entire time, so I started to think of possible distractions that could get me out of this situation. Man, what can I do to get away right now? Oh wait, that's perfect!

After a few moments of thinking to myself, and coming up with the perfect idea, I smiled to myself before raising my hand, awaiting Sikowitz's attention. A few people looked my way, probably thinking I actually had something to contribute to class.

"Ah, Tori, you got the answer!" My teacher called, after noticing my raised hand. He pointed directly at me, looking pleased anybody had decided to answer whatever question he'd asked, so I did feel a little bad to let him down.

"Oh, uh, actually, I was going to ask if I can go to the bathroom." I nervously laughed, as I noticed his pleased look very quickly fade. Fuck, he's gonna say no. 

"Well, I thought you'd have an answer for me, but yes, you can go. Just don't be long." He responded, looking a little disappointed. Oh, okay, I didn't expect that.

"Thanks so much!" I exclaimed, before quickly pulling myself up from my seat alongside my bag, and jogging toward the classroom door.

Once I'd made it out into the hallway, though, I knew I wasn't really going to the bathroom, but I did know exactly where I was going.