A GENTLE TOUCH

In the quiet of the night, as Ethan lay on the floor of Violet's room, his heart overflowed with unspoken affection. His love for her, hidden beneath layers of duty and obligation, yearned to be revealed. Meanwhile, Violet, unaware of the depth of Ethan's feelings, drifted into a troubled sleep, her mind clouded by the weight of their arrangement.

As the moon cast its gentle glow upon the room, Ethan's longing gaze lingered on Violet's slumbering form. With each soft breath she took, his heart ached with the desire to hold her close, to whisper words of love into her ear. And yet, he remained on the floor, a silent guardian in the night.

In the early hours of dawn, Violet stirred from her restless sleep, her eyes fluttering open to the sight of Ethan lying on the floor. A pang of guilt washed over her as she realized the sacrifice he had made to honor her wishes. She couldn't bear the thought of him sleeping in such discomfort, not when he deserved so much more.

"Ethan," she whispered softly, her voice barely audible in the silence of the room.

Ethan stirred, his eyes fluttering open to meet hers, filled with a mixture of surprise and concern.

"Violet?" he murmured, his voice hoarse with sleep.

"You shouldn't be sleeping on the floor," she said gently, reaching out to him.

Ethan hesitated for a moment, his heart racing with the realization of what Violet was offering. With a grateful smile, he accepted her hand, allowing her to lead him back to the bed.

As they lay side by side, the distance between them seemed to vanish, replaced by an unspoken understanding that transcended words.

"Thank you, Violet," Ethan said softly, his voice filled with emotion.

Violet smiled, her heart swelling with a warmth she had never known before. "You're welcome, Ethan," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

In the warmth of each other's embrace, they found solace and comfort, their hearts beating as one in the quiet of the morning.