BLESSING

It was a typical evening in the bustling household of Ethan and Violet. As Ethan returned home from work, he found Violet waiting for him with a nervous expression.

"Ethan, I have something to tell you," Violet said, her eyes swollen as if she had just cried.
Ethan's curiosity was piqued. "What is it, Violet? You seem somewhat nervous"
Violet took a deep breath, her hands trembling with anticipation. "I'm pregnant, Ethan."
Ethan's heart skipped a beat as he processed the news, a rush of emotion washing over him. "Violet, are you serious?"

As the news of Violet's pregnancy settled in, Ethan could sense her apprehension growing. He somehow sensed that she was nervous.

"Violet, my love, are you okay?" Ethan asked gently, taking a seat beside her.

Violet nodded, but her hands trembled slightly in her lap. "I'm just... scared, Ethan. What if I'm not ready to be a mom? What if I mess everything up?"

Ethan reached out, gently taking her hands in his. "Hey, it's okay to feel scared. This is a big step for both of us, but we're in this together."
He brushed a stray strand of hair away from her face, his gaze filled with tenderness. "You are going to be an amazing mother, Violet. I have no doubt about that. And as for me, well, I'll be right here by your side every step of the way."
Violet's eyes glistened with unshed tears as she leaned into Ethan's embrace, seeking solace in his comforting presence. "I just don't want to mess things up, Ethan. This baby means everything to me."
Ethan held her close, his arms wrapped protectively around her. "We'll figure it out together, Violet. We'll make mistakes, but we'll learn from them. And most importantly, we'll love this baby with all our hearts."

He pressed a tender kiss to her forehead, his lips lingering against her skin. "You're going to be an amazing mother, Violet. I have no doubt about that. And I'll be right here, every step of the way, cheering you on."

Violet's fears began to melt away in the warmth of Ethan's love, his words a soothing balm to her anxious soul. With Ethan by her side, she knew that together they could weather any storm, face any challenge, and embrace the joy and wonder of parenthood with open hearts and open arms.

As the day of their ultrasound appointment arrived, Ethan and Violet felt a mix of excitement and nerves coursing through them. Holding hands tightly, they entered the doctor's office, eager to catch a glimpse of their little one for the first time.

As the technician guided them through the ultrasound, Ethan's heart swelled with emotion as he watched the grainy image on the screen. "That's our baby, Violet," he whispered, his voice filled with wonder.

Violet's eyes brimmed with tears as she reached for Ethan's hand, their fingers intertwining in a silent gesture of love and support. "Our baby," she echoed, her voice choked with emotion.

And then, as the technician moved the wand over Violet's belly, a tiny shape came into view, nestled snugly in the safety of her womb. "Would you like to know the gender?" the technician asked, a smile playing on her lips.

Ethan and Violet exchanged a glance, their hearts pounding in anticipation. "Yes, please," Ethan said, his voice barely above a whisper.

And then, with a flourish, the technician revealed the news they had been waiting for. "It's a girl!"

Ethan's eyes widened with disbelief as tears welled up in his eyes. "A girl," he repeated, his voice trembling with emotion. "We're having a daughter, Violet."