Chap 5: Not taking a no

I'm not the ideal scholarship student, all high IQ and stuff but my school does put me in tutoring lists. I've tutored just two people in my life. I haven't really gotten any calls to be a tutor this year. After my whole weight gain issue I've been physically and mentally frustrated with myself that I didn't even have the time to think about anything else. But now I'm totally free and ready to begin with those types of things so when Monday came rolling in I found myself in the library to see if they needed any tutors.

"Hi Mrs Schioler", I say in a chirpy tone greeting the front desk lady in the library. She's in her mid forties but she still looks nice and she's really slim too. I bet she was a cheerleader in her days cause she's in really good shape.

"Hi there Abby, how are you doing?", She asks with a smile. Nice as always.

"I'm good.. thanks for asking", I say giving her a smile of my own. She nods.

"Well that's good to hear so what can I do for you?", She asks.

"Um well I just wanted to ask if there was any free tutor spot", I say and her smile drops. Oh no, fingers crossed there's a chance for me.

"Oh Abby", she starts and I find myself frowning. "I'm sorry but no one needs a tutor right now".

"Well that sucks", I say with a sigh. I like tutoring a lot and it actually makes me happy. It's kinda like one of the two things I'm good at apart from eating. The other one is drawing.

"But I promise if we have a new person you'll be the first I'm calling", she encourages and I give her a small smile with a nod.

"Sure thanks Mrs Schioler".

I walk out of the library and to class. I just have a period left and then I'm off home. I can't wait for school to be over. I'm tired and hungry and tired and have I mentioned hungry?. I've been cutting off a bit from my food like a diet or something but it's starting to take a toll on me because I'm always hungry these days. I keep seeing our teacher's markers as food items now. I think I need help.

"Abby Flenory", our teacher calls out and I think she may have caught me drooling over her marker which is kinda looking like a pickle right now.

"Yes?", I ask sitting up properly.

"Mrs Schioler requests for you after school be sure to meet her", she says and I nod. I think I'm gonna be a tutor soon. I smile.

**

I walk into the library and straight to the front desk. "Anything for me?", I ask with high hopes and she smiles nodding.

"Mhmm. Surprising how it came so fast after you left it's like you've got good luck", she says pointedly.

"So who's the person?", I ask eagerly.

"Well..", she trails when her eye catches something behind me, "Oh here he is now", she says and I turn all smiles but it falters when I see who it is.

"Abby this is Asher Miller the person you'll be tutoring", she says before walking away to some teachers by the corner.

Asher is the guy who came home with Noah the day I helped his mum bake cookies. He's also the same guy who was in the class that same day.

I sigh. I don't want to be tutoring Noah's friends and he might not even want a fat tutor anyways.

"So, are we gonna start or just stand here while I let you memorise every detail of my face", he says with a raised brow and I blink. Wait he wants me to tutor him?. Woah. I've only tutored two people in my entire life and they were nerds just like me not super hot and popular.