Chap 29 : Peace

Abby

My heart beats against my chest loudly as Hernandez and I start closing in. What in the world is going on? I close my eyes waiting for.. whatever was coming but the loud sound of the TV commercial startles us causing us to move apart. I look elsewhere feeling embarrassed. Hernandez clears his throat awkwardly as he keeps a steady gaze on the TV.

Was that an almost kiss? Totally striking it out of my bucket list. I play with my fingers as the air is still tense after what was going to happen but didn't happen.

After a while Hernandez decides to speak, "So um.. what makes you think you're not escaping the study program?", he asks.

"Oh, it's uh.. my P.E report sucks", I let out and he nods with an oh escaping his lips. "What about you?", I ask back.

"Algebra, Geography, Trig and pre calculus..", he trails then looks at me, "They all suck".

He sighs slouching on the couch.

"You'll get there", I say reassuringly and he smiles.

"I want you to be my tutor", he says and I give him a confused look. I thought I was.

"What're you talking about?", I ask.

"Like for the program, I'd wish you'd be my tutor for it", he says and I smile with a nod.

"Me too", I say and he smiles too.

**

My leg doesn't hurt that much anymore. It's actually better than before but I can still feel an edging pain everytime I move.

My walk to school is quite peaceful. Okay weather, nice music, not so tired Abby. I let out a peaceful sigh enjoying the serene moment but it's short lived when I hear a loud horn blare behind me.

I turn with my hand on my chest. I could have died out of shock. I slowly take off my air pods and my eyes widen when I see it's Loren sitting comfortably in her expensive looking white car.

"Don't just stand there, get in fat girl", she says and I look behind me wondering what the hell is going on. Has she lost her marbles? or have I lost my marbles?. Because there's no way Loren Lane would ever and I mean ever tell me to get into her car not even if she wanted to assault me. She could always get another car for that.

"What?", I ask still in shock.

She sighs with a roll of her eyes then gets down from her car.

"Are you deaf or something?", she asks walking up to me so I take a few steps back.

"What do you want?", I bravely ask but timidly look around for any witness. There's always a witness in every murder scene.

"Chill fatso I'm not Freddy Krueger or something.. I just wanna talk", she says and if I was in any way shocked then I'm super perplexed right now.

"Talk?.. wh.. what about?", I ask.

"About Noah what else. You think I care about you", she scoffs mockingly and I nod. Of course.

"Look here, I don't compete with people for what's mine and if I ever were to.. I wouldn't be caught dead doing it with you. In summary, back off bitch", she says then sashays to her car.

She stops, hand on the door, "I can't believe I told you to get it.. ugh so disgusting", she says then gets into her car.

I watch as she drives off and I sigh. I hold tight onto my bag straps then start walking again. I don't think I'm in the mood for music anymore. No matter how good my day's going there's always something that destroys.