Chapter 5

Anirudh lay on a bed as Bondita came inside with a doctor.

"Bondita, it's nothing-" he tried to say.

"Shh! Just lie here quietly." She replied as she put finger on her lips.

"I am being treated like a child." he thought feeling a bit embarrassed. 

"So doctor Babu, he would be okay, right?" Bondita asked the doctor curiously.

"Yes yes, just tell him to rest for some days. It's nothing serious to worry about.." He replied with a soft smile. She thanked him while he put his stethoscope inside his suitcase containing his necessary tools. He faced towards her and asked, "Is he your brother?"

"No no, he is my best friend."

"Oh. Well, I don't want to pry that much in your personal life but, is he your fiance or something?" He asked her, while, Anirudh's eyes widened a bit and he watched them, lying on the bed. 

"No no,  he is just my best friend, nothing else. I know him since I was little." She replied with a smile. 

"That's quite good to hear. But, you should call his family to take him away. People here, however educated they get, they can never change their unhealthy mindsets. It's for your own safety."

"Thanks for worrying about me but, I am not scared of them. Also, my friend needs rest now. So, he should stay here. Ah, do I have to leave you?"

"No no, it's okay. I can go by myself." He said politely before moving away from there." She closed the door and locked it, walking slowly towards Anirudh. She saw him trying to get up, after which she quickly held him by his shoulders, "Kindly not cause any problems for yourself and me. Lie here quietly, now." She ordered him. 

"Okay then, I will listen to you." He replied amusingly, "I will go once I feel a bit better. Well, you seem quite familiar to him..... "

"I prefer him way more. He is reliable and yes! We are on friendly terms!"

"That's good to hear. But, this wasn't anything serious. You didn't need to worry about me that much."

"Did you seriously hear what I had said earlier?! You nowadays have your heads in clouds! Perhaps, you have some problem with me?" She asked him as she had her arms on her hips with a frown. 

"You are looking into it too much. It's nothing like that..." He said, trying to look away. 

She just sighed at her friend's deny and sat beside him. With a smile, she patted his head which surprised him.

"Now sleep. It's night already. I have already informed about you at your home."

"O-Oh. Where will you sleep? Your sister is sleeping in the next room after all."

"I will sleep with you." She replied nonchalantly. He ended up having her words echo inside his head. 

"What?! With me?!"

"Yes! Do you know?! At hostel, I always sneaked into my friend's room and talked to them all night! I wanted to try this with you too!!" She replied cheerfully.

"B-But Bondita, they were all female. I am a man-" He tried to say.

"So what? You are my bestfriend! There's nothing wrong with this! Now change your clothes. Here." She replied as she handed him a night suit.

"Um, you bought this?"

"Yes! After all you are staying here! Quickly wear it! I will come back after changing my clothes too!" She quickly said as she walked away.

"Bondita, she doesn't know about my feelings. It's hard like this......" He said in a low voice.

After sometime, she entered the room again with a jar of water and wooden stool which puzzled him. 

"Okay now! Lay here while I sit beside you! Also, I was joking earlier." She said to which he frowned at her, "You were looking uncomfortable, so, I am not going to force you, okay? I am sorry...."

With a heavy sigh Anirudh replied, "I wasn't uncomfortable. I was just....scared of myself."

"Scared of yourself? Why?"

"I was scared that, I might take advantage of you somehow...."

"Take advantage of me?! Are you joking?! You aren't someone to do things like that! I don't see any reason for this too! Do you like to play villain, Sakhababu?!" She laughed. 

"What if I hurt you?"

"Oof!! Stop saying such bad things about yourself! How will you even hurt me?! You can't even kill mosquitoes." She chuckled to herself. 

Anirudh twisted his brows and replied "Why do you have to tease me every moment? You don't understand anything....."

"It's better if you just take rest rather than arguing with me. You will get to leave from here early. Hmph! Why are you so eager to leave?!! This is how you treat your friend?!"

"When you yourself are arguing with me, you expect me to not answer you back? I am telling you, don't think much! It's nothing serious!"

"Something which even you can't tell me?" She pouted. He chuckled at her expression and replied,"I will tell you, when the time comes, okay? Now let me sleep! You aren't letting me rest! I am tired already.....", he yawned as he laid in a comfortable position and slowly closed his eyes. 

"You seriously worry me at times. I will wait then." She said. She sat on the stool beside him, taking sometime to check upon him. When she started to go, she heard his sudden low voice, 

"Good night."

"Along with sweet dreams to you." She replied with a grin. 

P.N: Thanks for reading. 😁🙏💕

Forgive my grammatical mistakes too.