4.

Zac sat at in the booth, checking his phone every so often. It was nearing 8:30 when Fatima had finally pulled up. She walked in and scanned the room before spotting Zac in the very back, with his back turned.

"Yo ass had better been here." Fatima said walking up behind him. He turned around smiling, before getting up to greet her. The two shared a hug.

"I was just about to take my ass home." Zac replied, as she slid in the booth in front of him.

"Boy I just wish yo ass would've." She said with squinted eyes.

"And what would've happened if I did?" He chuckled. He licked over his bottom lip and sat back stretching his arms across the booth. "Try me and find out." Fatima replied with a smirk.

"I think ima have to take you up on that offer." He paused to take his time looking at her, making her blush under his gaze. Zac was making her feel like no man ever had, it was something about him. She cleared her throat nervously and darted her eyes over to the left, looking out the window to avoid his eyes.

He gently grabbed her chin, turning her head back towards him. "Am I making you nervous beautiful?" The way beautiful rolled off his tongue had her hot in places it shouldn't have. She discreetly crossed her legs under the table.

"Not at all." She smiled softly. "And uh sir I don't know you like that for you to be touching on me." She joked, and swatted his hand off her face.

"Well how about you get to know me..." Zac trailed off. The two shared an intense stare, you could feel the heat rising. Fatima cleared her throat as the waiter approached the table. After taking down their orders, she walked away leaving the two alone again.

"You sound so different." Fatima stated as she cocked her head to the side a little. "you're not from here are you?" Fatima asked intrigued. They way his words would flow off his tongue captivated her.

"Nah, I was born and raised in Brooklyn. I moved here some years ago to help my grandfather after he got sick." Zac answered short and simple. He had a hard time trusting people and he wasn't sure if he wanted to let her in just yet.

Fatima could sense Zac's mood change after mentioning his grandfather. She quickly changed the subject in hopes of lightening the mood again. "You would think being from New York you would know how to stay out of people's way." She softly smiled earning a laugh from Zac.

"Ahh here we go again." He said throwing his head back. "Once again, you bumped into me clumsy ass." He added, the two shared a laugh.
They spent the next hour getting to know each other more, laughing and cracking jokes.

"You look really nice dressed down like this." Zac said as they stood in front of  her truck. Fatima was leaned against the driver's door while he stood in front of her. After breakfast, they just couldn't seem to break away from each other.

"Boy really, I have on jeans and a shirt." Fatima replied and staled faced him.

"So what that mean? You still look good." He shrugged and put a piece of her hair behind her ear.

"Whatever." She replied, looking off to the side blushing. There was a comfortable silence before Zac spoke up again. "Well I gotta go, I hope I can see you again though." He smiled down at her.

"We can make that happen." She returned the smile. Fatima turned to open her door, but Zac interjected and grabbed the handle for her. "See you later beautiful."

"See you soon handsome." She winked. He waited until she was situated before closing her door.

"Old man..." Zac called out to his grandfather after he entered the house. He sat his keys on the table and took off his jacket. He took a seat on the sofa, waiting for him to appear from the kitchen. Somewhere he knew he wasn't supposed to be.

"What the hell you doing all that yelling for boy?" Grandpa Luther said, rounding the corner with his walker. "Pops you know damn well you supposed to be in that bed, doctors orders bro." Zac shook his head as he came and took a seat on the couch adjacent to him.

"Boy I'm grown and them white folks don't know nothing about my black ass." He replied as he waved him off. "What're you doing home so late anyway?"

"Yo old ass need to be up there on that oxygen tank, but I had a little breakfast date with that fine ass lawyer from the firm I was telling you about." Zac answered with his eyes closed. Third shift was really starting to take a toll on his body.

"Here yo ass go making up stories and shit again." Grandpa Luther responded laughing, Zac smacked his lips. He didn't believe that a woman of that status would find interest in his grandson. "Help me up to my room." He said after his laughter died down.

Still with a salty expression on his face, Zac got up to help his Grandfather. "I shouldn't help yo old ass do a damn thing." He mumbled. After guiding him up the stairs and into bed, Zac finally was able to shower and get ready for bed. The moment his head hit the pillow he was out.

It wasn't long before he was awoken by the loud groans and coughs coming from his grandpa's room. He immediately rushed out of his room, to his grandfathers aid. "Come on pops sit up." He said guiding him to sit up. He propped some pillows behind him before turning to start the breathing machine. Grandpa Luther sat coughing while Zac prepared his machine. "Hold on pops I'm going as fast as I can." After getting the treatment situated, he placed it on his face.

"That's it man, take your time slow deep breaths" Zac coached as he stood off to the side, watching him steady his breathing. He sighed as he slid a hand down his face. This was the third time this week that his grandfather has had trouble breathing.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket to call Grandpa Luther's doctor. It rung three times before she finally answered, "Hello?"

"Hey Dr. James, I was calling to see how soon you can get my grandfather in? It's his breathing again and it seems to be getting worse."

"I'm actually free now, can you get him to me in 30?" She asked, Zac looked over at his grandpa heavily breathing into his mask. Wheezing could be heard with every breath he took.

"We're on the way." They hung up. He dug around the drawers getting out some jogging pants and a white tee for his grandpa to throw on.

"I know going to the hospital is the last thing you wanna do right now but we need to. Ima help you put on your clothes and then ima go and get ready, ok?" He told him. Grandpa Luther nodded in defeat. Any other time he would've protested it but he knew this time was serious.

Grandpa Luther Taylor