12

2weeks later

The building was dim and all the employees were gone. Zac carefully led his grandpa through the doors before taking off his blindfold. "Boy where the hell did you bring me to?" He looked around confused.

"Pops just look around and take it all in with me." Zac cheesed while grandpa Luther looked at him as if he head three heads. "Son what exactly am I taking in? This is a empty ass lobby. "

"Right now we are standing in Taylor's Temp Agency." He grinned looking around, with his arms folded across his chest. "Come on let me show you my office."

Zac lead the way down the hall before approaching double doors. He inhaled deeply before entering the key, unlocking the doors. He held the door open allowing his grandpa entrance first. Neither one of them spoke as they stood in the middle of the office looking around. Zac with glee, and grandpa Luther with confusion. "It's nice huh?"

"Luther I'm not gone ask you again boy.." Grandapa Luther spoke sternly. Zac and all his procrastination were running his patience thin.

"Dang, Come have a seat first." Zac went around to sit behind his desk while Luther sat in front of him. He went on to explain how everything had happened, and how he's now the new CEO of his own company.

"I mean I don't know what to say, but what I can say is I'm so proud of you." Luther began to tear up and for the first time in Zac's life, he saw his grandfather cry. "I've watched you bust your ass taking care of me and going to work trying to just make it. And now you're running your own company? That's what the fuck I'm talking about Luther." He stated proudly.

"Thank you man. It feels good to have something to call my own." Zac said wiping away his own tears.

"That explains all them damn new clothes and that car out there. I thought yo ass was back selling."

"Nah pops, I'll never go down that road again. I've come too far to do some silly shit like that." Zac shook his head thinking back to his old self. That life was long gone.

"So when will it be back up and running?"

"In three weeks, I'm actually having the grand opening on your birthday. In honor of the man who made me who I am." Zac stated with pride.

"I love you son." Luther said with his hand on his chest.

"And I love you too pops."

"Sitting here got me thinking, I think it's time for you to get a place of your own." Luther said sitting up in his seat.

"Absolutely not. I can't leave you by yourself. I don't th-"

"No no listen to me. I'll be fine, I have my nurse now. It's time for you to go out and live your life for you without worrying about me all the time. I've lived mine. So go on and get you a nice condo or something and start living for Zac." Zac just simply nodded taking in everything he had just said.

"How did my shug react to the news?" Luther asked. "What's going on with you two anyway?"

"That's my baby." Zac cheesed. "But I haven't told her yet. I'm waiting to surprise her at the grand opening when everything is officially done.  Speaking of my baby." Zac looked down at his phone seeing she had texted him.