Chapter 1: Hexside

Author's Note:

I made up the school in Gravity Falls. I might explain what happened to it but you just need to know that it was destroyed

Original work by TurkeyInNovember

Two young witches stood in front of Hexside School of Magic and Demonics. The male witch took a deep breath as the female stepped closer. One she realized that the other did not follow her, she turned around immediately. "Come on Dipper! It won't be that different!" The girl announced as she bounced with excitement. "I don't know Mabel... This place doesn't look anything like Blurwerry." the boy, Dipper, said nervously. "No place could be like Blurwerry!" Mabel giggled, "It was in Gravity Falls after all!" Mabel then grabbed her brother's hand and dragged him into the building, shutting the door behind them. The twins made their way to the principal's office as they observed the students looking at them.

"WHAT!" The young witches yelled, directed at their principal, now in his office. "But that's not how it worked in Blurwerry!" Dipper exclaimed in shock. "Well, you aren't enrolled in Blurwerry anymore." The principal, Principal Bump, said. "I don't get it." Mabel mumbled, "Why aren't we allowed to enroll in multiple tracks?" "That is how the Emperor's Coven wants everyone to learn. Magic is more efficiently used if a witch masters one track rather than be mediocre in them all." Principal Bump explained. "The Emperor's Coven?" Mabel asked as she turned to her brother, "The Emperor has a Coven?" Dipper nodded then whispered so only Mabel could hear, "It's the government that Grunkle Stan is always hiding from." Mabel gave Dipper a look of acknowledgement as she nodded to him. 

Principal Bump cleared his throat to gain the twins' attention. "I know it will seem difficult to decide since you both studied multiple tracks in the past but I'll need the two of you to each choose a single track to study here at Hexside." Principal Bump explained. Dipper spoke up first, "If I had to choose, I would go with the Oracle Track. What about you Mabel?" "Hmm... probably... Beastkeeping!" Mabel exclaimed after a moment. Principal Bump made a magic circle and the sleeves of Dipper and Mabel's uniforms changed from gray to the respective colors for the tracks they chose. Purple for the Oracle Track and orange for Beastkeeping respectively. Mabel sighed slightly, not liking the idea of only learning one track. Dipper, however looked more content. "Now if that's all, please go to your classes. And I hope you have a wonderful stay at Hexside." Principal Bump said as he pushed Mabel and Dipper out of his office. 

The twins began walking in the direction of their classes. "How are you okay with this?" Mabel asked after a moment. "Well, Grunkle Stan specializes in illusions so I can just as him for lessons." Dipper shrugged, "I'm pretty sure that you could get your healing lessons from Soos if you're worried about it." "But what about potions?" Mabel asked her brother. "Our entire family is practically experts when it comes to potion magic. I even think Soos knows some potion magic because of Grunkle Stan." Dipper said nonchalantly. "Yeah, I guess you're right." Mabel said, "Thanks Dip." "Yeah. See you after class?" Dipper asked. Mabel nodded as she ran to her class. Dipper chuckled as he turned and walked to his own class as well. 

After class Mabel was walking to the cafeteria to meet with Dipper when she bumped into someone else. "Oh, sorry." the person said. Mabel looked at the person she bumped into. It was a boy who looked younger than her, by a few years maybe. "Hi! My name's Mabel!" She exclaimed as she held out her hand. "I'm Augustus." The boy looked up at Mabel, "Why do you have barbed wire in your teeth?" "These are braces! They're supposed to make my teeth straight. It's a human thing." Mabel said pointing to her teeth. "Human! I love human culture! Are you new? You should join the Human Appreciation Society!" Augustus exclaimed happily. "Hexside has a Human Appreciation Society?" Mabel asked. "Yeah! I'm the president." "Then I'd love to!" Mabel said happily. "That's great! Our next meeting is in two days!" Augustus said. "Can I bring my brother? He knows much more about humans than I do." "Anyone's welcome to join!" Augustus yelled as he ran off, "See you then!" 

Dipper was eating in the cafeteria when Mabel ran up to him. "Dipper! I just made an AMAZING new friend!" Mabel yelled excitedly. "Already?" Dipper asked. "Yeah! His name is Augustus and he's the president of a Human Appreciation Society! He even invited us to come!" Mabel explained. "That's cool. When is the meeting?" Dipper questioned. "In about two days! We totally have to go!" Mabel yelled. "Two days? I'd have to reschedule our next mystery..." Dipper trailed off. "Come on Bro-bro! The mysteries can wait! This is an opportunity to show everyone all the human stuff we have!" Mabel explained, "I even found one of those cal-cu-late-or things!" "You found a calculator?" "Yeah! It even works still!" Mabel said, "Just shows a bunch of boring old numbers though." "Can you show me it later?" Dipper asked. "Course I can Bro-bro! When we go to the H.A.S. meeting!" Mabel exclaimed. "I suppose it would be fun." Dipper said as he continued to eat his sandwich. Maybe Hexside wouldn't be that bad...