ᴀʟʟᴇɢʀᴇᴛᴛᴏ ♢ - 𝑬𝒄𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒓î𝒄𝒊

I ran over to where the red-haired was waiting for me ahead, looking at his small phone as I panted, catching my air.

"You know, as the King's favorite knight, you shouldn't get tired from just running that distance,"

He looked up and grinned at me, one that most people should be scared of, yet he was my best friend. I had known him for a bit more than 8 years.

"So? If you knew I was the King's favorite knight, you'd also know that he overworks me like anything."

"Shh~ he may have cameras."

"Cameras? In this age?"

We both laughed, heading for the conference room through the overly decorated halls of the palace.

There was a small bonsai cherry blossom tree placed near the room, which both Natsume and I absolutely adored.

Natsume's eyes didn't leave the tree, until we reached the door, and as he averted his gaze to unlock the door adorn with red-velvet, I plucked a small blossom and tucked it behind his ear.

"-?!"

Leo laughed, seeing his friend's shocked expression at the small gesture of affection, as he started cursing at him in Italian, the national language of Eccentrîci.

Leo had always found it comical how the rivalry between Eccentrîci and fîn had even called through with their national languages. How the people of Eccentrîci spoke Italian, and how the people of fîn spoke Spanish.

He was brought back to Earth again when he saw an angry Natsume yelling at him to get it together.

"You know, I'm so lucky to have you."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

The red-head tried his best to frown, but the bright smile on his face said it all.

"I'm lucky to have you too, Leo."

He smiled one last time, before spontaneously throwing open the door, to which he was met with a few weird gazes from the more distant members of the King's personal army, but the ones we were more familiar with had bright grins painted on their face as Natsume's turned into a deep red, mouthing the words 'You asshole.' as we took our places next to each other right beside the great King himself.

"Settle down, Sakasaki."

His Majesty spoke in a big, booming voice as Natsume's expression turned to one of guilt, rendering him apologetic.

"I apologize, sire. It won't happen again."

"It better not."

The other knights looked uncomfortable, all looking at me to improve the atmosphere surrounding the King, as Natsume's eyes lowered.

Sending a light kick towards his small legs, his face immediately shot up, giving me a death glare, as I tried to give him the brightest smile I could, his eyes instantly lighting up.

Putting on an innocent face, I turned toward the King and asked,

"Excuse me, Your Excellency, your tea's getting cold,

Would you like me to warm it up for you?"

"Ah, you always know exactly what I need, Leo.

But don't you go, my Knight in favour.

Let Sakasaki go, he shall prove his apology by warming my tea correctly."