Page ten

Baley went home with me, and Jarleen went home. He didn't want anything to eat for dinner, and just sat on the couch. Like he was waiting for an interview. I walked over to him, and he flinched when the floorboards creaked as I came in the room. Every little thing seemed to make him flinch, and I felt sorry for him. I sat down quietly on the other side of couch, and stared out the window. "Rune?" I heard Baley ask, as he stared intently at the carpet on the floor.
"Hm?"
"Did you ever forgive me for what happened? The accident?"
He asked it quietly, like he was scared to know the answer, but if I had forgiven him, he could relax, even just a little bit.
I turned around, looking away from the window to face him.
"Of course, I've forgiven you. Their called accidents for a reason." I smiled, and he nodded silently.
I heard a knock on the door as I was about to say something, and got up to answer it.
It was Freid and Jarleen, holding boxes in their hands.
I invited them in, Freid looking slightly nervous and avoiding looking at Baley for a little bit.
"We brought chocolate. My .. My mom insisted that I come over." He said, and we all sat down on the carpet, the boxes sitting on the coffee table.
"I'm sorry about what happened." Freid commented, and Baley didn't say anything. Really, we all didn't know what to say. We were all just kids. Kids that didn't want to grow up, but the world demanded so much of us. Kids that just wanted to laugh and run around outside, not run from problems. Jarleen looked at Freid, who looked at me, and nodded. I scrambled to get some blankets, and we wrapped ourselves up in them like a wizards cape. We shuffled onto the couch, surrounding Baley. He looked up, but it was to late. We lunged onto him, flopping down as we laughed and he shouted with surprise.
"Surprise attack! Ultra magic hug!" We shouted, laughing and waving our hands in the air, pretending to cast spells. "Oh my gosh! What are you doing?" Baley said, rummaging around to try and get out of mountain of people and blankets. Freid took a pillow from the couch, and walloped Jarleen over the head with it, and when she took a pillow up herself, he screamed and ran around the room, waving his hands in the air. Baley laughed out loud, getting his thick wool blanket from off the ground, and taking a pillow up himself. I smirked and did a pretend bow, kneeling and holding a pillow up to Baley. "Your majesty, your sacred weapon. Strike as you see fit." I giggled, and he took it, pretending to admire it before giving a mighty war cry and running after Jarleen and Freid.
Freid yelled more as he got dog piled with pillows, and I couldn't stop smiling.
Yeah, I thought, taking a chocolate from the box and popping it into my mouth.
We're just kids. These are the only types of running and screaming we should be doing.