Page eighteen

A few years had passed since I finally remembered everything, and I had made up with everyone. Jarleen had explained that she had called my sister to come home the night that they died, and she had felt guilty for everything. Baley explained that his father had wanted him to live up to what his older brother had been, even though he couldn't. And Freid had explained that he felt like he didn't have any reason to be sad, and that he was worried that something bad was going to happen to his family, since nothing had happened to them that night. My aunt Claire cried and apologized over and over again, saying that she was horribly sorry for everything, and that she had wanted to tell me so many times but couldn't bring herself to tell me. I forgave her eventually, and she promised to be a better aunt from here on out. We had many cheery moments and dinners after that. I was now in college, and Baley had officially moved in with me. I mean, he had been living with me for a few years by now, but he said that it was officially official once he had moved all his stuff from his house to mine three years ago. Jarleen and Freid starting dating, much to my amazement, and Freid's. Now he won't leave Baley and I alone, always showing us photos from their most recent date. Jarleen's family had adopted Clover, and he lived a happy and well fed life waddling around the Woodstock's residence, his pudgy belly bumping against the floor as he shuffled around the house.
I sighed, and rolled around the couch, flipping through channels. Baley was making something in the kitchen for dinner, some new recipe that Freid's mom had recommended to him. I paused on the news, and wrinkled my nose up in disgust. I still didn't like the news. I scrolled through more channels, and had to lay the remote down as Baley shouted at me from the kitchen. "Rune! Help me with this flour!" I rushed in, grabbing the bag before he lost his grip on it. The man on the TV spoke clearly and bluntly to the people on the other side of the screen.
"White Crayon is a story about a young boy finding his passion for painting in a world of color. Join the adventures of Mason Wisher and his best friends as they explore the world of wonders and excitement as they learn how to understand and appreciate one another, even when trails and danger enter their paths." The man on the program paused, then continued.
"This program is rated E for everyone."