thirteen

Friday, 2:15 pm, 51:15:00

Rain yawned.

"..."

There was something in the weather that was making him sleepy. The alternate between cool to warm to hot was making him tired and listless. All this and yet he still battled for sleep every night.

Rain scratched the tip of his nose, feeling an itchy sensation. It wouldn't go away.

"What's wrong?" Sky, who was in the middle of reaching for a carton of milk, asked.

Rain chuckled a little. "I feel like sneezing but couldn't quite let it out."

Sky laughed. "Worst feeling ever."

The two of them had each of their own shopping carts, full and packed. After Rain's check up results, Sky started tagging regularly with him when grocery shopping. Sky said he was doing his own shopping, might as well join Rain. But Rain knew that more than that, Sky was there to make sure he didn't stuff his fridge with nonsensical goods like 10 boxes of egg pies and sacks of potatoes only.

"..."

Rain looked at his cart. Full of fruits and vegetables and everything healthy, he was actually proud of himself. He chose all of them, following Hima's list and suggestions.

"Eat wholefoods rather than taking supplements. Supplements are good. But foods close to their natural forms are better."

"Do you have everything?" Sky asked. "I'm done with mine."

Rain pouted, eyes scanning the drinks section up and down. "My lychee flavored water."

"Your lychee what?"

Rain pushed his cart to go to the far end of the open fridge.

"I recently discovered it. I really like the taste."

Sky obviously had his two cents about drinking flavored water but since Rain had filled his cart with greens and fruits, his best friend must have let it pass as a reward.

"What does it look like? I'll help you find it."

"Hmmm... it's in pink glass bottles with a light pink label."

As the two started scanning the shelves and moving to the other side of the aisle, Rain overheard a woman's voice strictly reprimanding presumably her child.

"We do not need that, Ice. Put it back where you got it."

"But Ma, I want this juice!"

"You will return it to the spot where you got it or you're banned from watching your cartoons at night?"