Years ago

Years ago, I lost my love. I can only dream of seeing her again. She always wanted to start a band and call it, the "mystery Melody". She always loved music. When I listen to her favorite song, I feel more connected with her, I feel her with me. In high school people told me I was a great singer, I never sung in-front of Melody though, I got harshly bullied in HS because of it.

Melody left with no trace, in the middle of the night. The next morning her mom called me saying all her stuff is gone. She left one voice mail saying she'd be ok and call them frequently. She told no one where she was going. She shut down all her socials, and her number was locked. She was off the grid.

Her parents never called me again, Melody probably reached out and told them what happened. Her Melody is still the only one that plays in my heart.

Sometimes I remember her, skipping ahead and in front of me while taking walks along our "bridge of love." It lost all the love when Melody left. It was lifeless. The letter, I still never opened it. I knew something was in it, I could feel some 3D object in it. Fearing I would lose it, I kept it in the sealed envelope.

"Look! It's a diamond!" Melody says

"Where?" I say tossing my head around looking for it.

"Up in the clouds! See, its us!" Melody said with such glee.

Memories passed through Augusts head while he walked through the many places they had been, star gazing, rock climbing, coffee run, all sorts of things, August could just forget his first love.

A simple thought, Mel, Melody, always loved music, what if, I could find myself a crew, to make music, to reach the heart that I had never reached before. I reached in my bag and pulled out the letter from Melody. I sighed and just wrote down names,

-trippn on love
-livin it up
-false love
-leaving it up to you
-not your love
-mystery mistakes
-romance is overrated

One would be the name of his next big stunt, despite the money situation, He have student loans, but He's sure, he can get past this.