A.X.

Cory couldn't sleep. A.X. Is alive. This whole time they thought she was dead. Cory thought of all the nasty things they said to Alex, who knew Cory used to be Cora. They wondered why she didn't say anything.

"Hey you still awake?" August asked while hanging in the doorframe.

"Yea just, thinking of what could've been, if I had said nothing to Alex she would've left, meaning she wouldn't have tossed her car at the light post, meaning that we'd be making so much music, meaning that things would be weird, or different because of me." Cory went on as August listened. He was good at that, he always listed when Alex ranted, or Melody, or anyone else for that matter. He placed his hand on Corys back, as they cried in his shoulder. "I'm sorry for going past your boundaries, I mean it." Cory mustered up the confidence to say.

"It ok, I understand, but don't worry about that now, we just got to hope no one followed us." August says.

"Thanks." Cory says, while still resting in Augusta shoulder. Cory places their hand on August. "Thank you." Cory pulls themself away and lays down. August gets up to keep patrolling. Their phones ring.

Mills
Alex has her phone on her y'all know her password

Cory
No I don't.

August
I do it *****

Mills
Wtf

Cory
Are y'all like dating?

August
Eww, tf, no. We like... hit on the same girl, that I am looking for rn.

Cory
Oh.

Mills
Alr gimmie a sec.

Cory looked away, Cory thought August.->❤️->Alex. Cory realized, it all made sense now. Their phone rang again.

Alex
Hey this is Mills from Alex's phone

Cory
Yo

August
So what are you doing?

Alex
The last person that called her contact name is nothing, the contact name is blank.

August
Can you see if she saved the recording?

Alex
Yea one sec

Cory
A phone can do that?

August
Not Android. (This is me showing salt)

Cory
Well ur bad at it

Alex
*audio recording*

August
Wtf

Cory
Who Is that?

August
Idk, I just need to think.

Cory shut off their phone. "August, come sleep, I need someone to talk to." August headed over leaning in the door frame.

"Yea?" Cory sighed. August was perfect. But Cory, had ruined any chance with him. Cory knew that what Alex said earlier was right, at least she stayed in her league.

"I'm sorry." Cory turned around and fell asleep.

"Cory, you silly little-" August was interrupted. The door started with violent knocking. "Cory wake up, they found us."