Chapter Six: Silverstone

SATURDAY AM

You'd been in the UK for the last week, the longest you'd spent in your home nation since Winter break. Having found a permanent home during the last Summer break, you were almost there in furnishing the place to the point where it felt homely. It was a modern barn conversion, with lots of exposed wood and glass with plush cream furnishings. You'd been so busy with work it had been a true labour of love and you had just one room left to tackle. The house had three bedrooms so naturally, you'd allocated the third to be a walk-in closet, a vision that was yet to be fully realised.

As you stepped over the multitude of shoe boxes that lay scattered across the floor to get to the temporary rail that housed your clothes, you figured it was time to do something about it. You hated the place but there was only one store where you'd be able to find the shelving you needed. Ikea.

You spent the morning browsing their website for the multitude of options that were on offer and decided to bite the bullet and order some shelving units. You would keep the rails for now but you could at least get your shoes and bags off of the floor. Surprisingly they were able to deliver the next day so you pressed the order button and set about clearing some space.

While you were busy tidying, your phone buzzed. Looking down you saw that it was Toto. You hadn't seen him much since your return to the UK as he'd been in London ironing out some deals while you held the fort in Brackley. In a surprisingly sweet gesture, he'd texted you every day to say good morning and goodnight and had suggested you meet over the weekend.

Morning Y/N, I hope you slept well. Are you around tomorrow morning? I thought we could go for a walk in the country and get some lunch if you'd like?

Smiling at his surprisingly formal text, you typed out a response.

Hey stranger, I'd love that. The only thing is that I ordered some furniture and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow morning. Could we have lunch and then a walk?

You returned to your sorting, grinning away to yourself that you were finally going on a date with Toto. You'd started everything backwards so it was nice that he was making the effort. Your phone buzzed again.

Sure. To be safe shall we do a late lunch? I can pick you up at 2?

Sudden panic set in, Toto was coming to your house. He was notorious for being a neat freak and kept everything hidden away in his office. You tried to echo this but you always seemed to accumulate clutter in your office. Your house was even more relaxed as you were always tired when returning from race weekends and often left things lying around.

Sounds good, I'll share my location so you can find me, my address is not always on GPS. Looking forward to it. x

You followed up with your location as you knew he would never find it without the exact pinpoint. Numerous taxi drivers had failed to find it so you'd taken to just sending coordinates.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to it too. Enjoy the rest of your day! X

You smiled as he signed off with a kiss, something he'd never done before.

SUNDAY AM

You'd spent the rest of your Saturday frantically tidying and pampering. Even though you knew he'd likely step foot inside your house for all of two seconds and you'd be having a casual lunch in a country pub you wanted everything to look nice, yourself included.

Waking up at eight, you hoped that your furniture would come early so you could perhaps build a unit or two before you needed to get ready. The tracking from Ikea told you that you were the next stop so you busied yourself hoovering the fluffy cream rug in your living room while you waited.