Chapter Ten: Brazil

TUESDAY PM

TUESDAY PM

In the run-up to the Brazillian Grand Prix, you'd spent a week back in the UK and were now in Miami for a few days, working on a sponsor event whilst Toto was in Los Angeles, meeting with a supplier. As ever, you felt like you were cursed to never be free from drama. Since your relationship had been outed, Lara had been on her best behaviour with you and had stopped with the sassy comments, however, it seemed as if it had all been a front.

Having travelled together on the jet from London, you had been dropped off in Miami on Tuesday afternoon, with Lara accompanying Toto alone on the plane between Miami and Los Angeles. It sounded simple enough but that's when it all started to go pear-shaped.

Getting ready for the event and putting on your make-up in your luxurious hotel bathroom, your phone pinged, it was Toto.

Hi my love, I hope Miami is treating you well. We just got to LA, do you think it's weird if I invite Lara to dinner? X

You'd replied, thinking it was harmless.

Hey, it's gorgeous here, just getting ready for the event so nothing interesting, hope LA is fun.

Glad you got there safe and sound. I don't think it's weird, she's by herself. X

You then didn't hear from him before you left for the event and having been kept busy all evening, putting on your best charm offensive for the sponsor, you hadn't had time to check your phone. By the time you were sliding into the backseat of the car that would take you back to your hotel, it was late and when you checked your phone you started to panic. Five missed calls from Toto, all within a few minutes of one another.

Worried, you'd immediately called him back but it had rang through to voicemail. It wasn't until you'd gotten back to your room that a text pinged through.

Call me when you can, I know you are busy but this is serious.

It wasn't like Toto to panic and it made you feel uneasy. Picking up your phone and dialling his number, he must have been waiting for your call as he picked up on the first ring.

"Y/N." he said, his voice strained, "I'm so sorry."

"Hey Toto, what's wrong?" you asked, trying to hide the worry in your voice.

"I don't know where to start," he said, his voice slightly crackly down the unstable connection, "Lara, she kissed me!"

Floored, you flopped down onto the sofa in your suite, "What?" you exclaimed.

"She kissed me!" he said, clearly freaking out.

"How? What?" you said.

"I invited her out to dinner and she came to meet me, all dressed up in next to nothing, and drank an entire bottle of wine to herself over dinner." Toto said very quickly, "Then after we finished eating, she moved over to me, put her hand on my thigh and kissed me."