Chapter Eight: France

SUNDAY PM

Flying Easyjet from London Luton to Nice reminded you exactly how lucky you were to have the luxury of frequently flying privately. Although a short flight, you found yourself squeezed between two businessmen, each off-putting for their own reasons and you found yourself counting down the minutes until landing. The man to the left of you, who had the honour of having the window seat, was watching a movie on his iPad. No big deal you would think, except for the fact that he was watching it on speaker mode and it had some dubious bedroom scenes. To your right, on the aisle seat, was another suited and booted older man. On spotting you were his seat neighbour he'd proceeded to try and chat you up, not taking the hint that you weren't in the slightest bit interested.

Glancing at your watch you saw there were only twenty minutes left, the crew would be preparing for landing any minute now. Toto had offered to collect you from the airport and you were looking forward to spending some real time with him, away from the race track and more importantly, away from prying eyes.

– – –

The plane having landed on time, you made it through security in record timing and had even had the luxury of your luggage coming out of the carousel first. As you made your way into Arrivals you were suddenly nervous, you were going to spend a week alone with Toto. Although you worked together and were constantly stealing moments, you hadn't spent an extended amount of time with just the two of you and you hoped that things would not be awkward.

Making your way through the throng of people standing waiting outside customs you spotted Toto in a flash, his imposing height always a dead giveaway. He flashed a charming grin as you approached him, bending down to plant a chaste kiss on your cheek.

"How was the flight?" he asked, as he took your large suitcase and large Longchamp tote off of your hands, "Jessas Maria, what do you have in this, bricks?"

Laughing you replied, "Make-up, shampoo, the essentials. And it was okay thanks, I hope you weren't waiting long."

Toto shook his head, "You and your essentials. Not at all, I've only been here a few minutes, it was perfect timing. I parked just outside, do you want to go?"

Following Toto as he started to make a move you couldn't stop smiling. It was kind of him to come and collect you from the airport as it was always a hassle, no matter where you were in the world.

"Excuse me, Toto?" a voice called out from your right-hand side. It was the sleazy man from the plane.

Toto whipped his head around, "Hi, can I help you?"

"Well, I just wanted to say I'm a big fan. Could I please take a photo?" the man got closer, "I was sitting next to your wife on the plane." He grinned at you hopefully.

"My wife?" said Toto, raising an eyebrow, "Y/N is my colleague."

The man's face reddened, "Oh, I see. I'm sorry, I saw you kiss her so thought you were married..." he proceeded to turn to you "You didn't seem interested on the plane so I put two and two together."

"It's an easy mistake to make." you smiled politely, not wanting to embarrass Toto, always mindful that one bad fan encounter could end up flashed across the news.

"I'm so sorry to interrupt your day," he replied, taking out his phone and standing next to Toto, still hopeful for a selfie. Laden down with your baggage Toto stood there awkwardly as the man struggled to fit him in frame.

"Could you possibly take the photo for me?" he asked you.

"Of course," you said, again with a neutral smile.