3: Annoying but Delicious

Domen, wide-eyed watches as she circles the car and gets into the front passenger seat, taken aback at how intense Lavender really is.

"I suddenly realized I could spare my transport fee by catching a ride with you." Lavender smiles as she takes a seat and struggles to put on the seat belt as her hands start to show how nervous she really is. "So, here I am"

Domen furrows his brows as he stares at her for a moment longer, still trying to understand what is going on with her and her sudden awkward reactions.

Too unpredictable for him.

He eases his head onto the steering wheel and slowly bites down onto his lower lip as he glances ahead, taking out a heavy sigh at how reluctant he is in even driving with her inside.

Domen has never been a fan of any kind of company, it irritated him having to come up with endless lists of conversation topics just to keep the air breathable when in reality, they are just throwing in random topics to keep the conversation going.

Unlike most people, Domen could barely think of anything to say.

"Is this how you always are?" Domen asks as he shifts his gaze towards her while leaning back into his seat as Lavender raises her brows to him. "All energetic and overly annoying?"

"I'm only annoying when I hold a grudge on someone, and you happen to be the one person I'm holding a grudge up against." She shrugs her shoulders as he furrows his brows, knowing too well Lavender might as well be her own specie.

"Is it because I didn't greet you?" He asks with a forceful voice, almost sounding completely eaten up by irritation. "You can't be serious."

"Aside from that, we need to hang out sometimes, you're marrying my friend in two months, and we need to at least get to know each other, right? Lavender explains as Domen steps onto the accelerator, driving them out of the gates and into the road. "I feel like the reason why you ignore me is because we barely know each other, right?"

"Or I just really don't care about being close to people that aren't in the big picture." He shrugs his shoulders as the frown on his face is evident to her that she is boiling his veins. But all she needs is a few minutes of distraction. "Evette is enough"

"Yeah, but you can know her better through me. Like... do you know her favorite food?" Lavender asks as she smiles up at the red light that forced Domen to slow down into a stop, despite the road being entirely empty.

"I know all there is to her, you don't have to coach me about her." He says as he leans from his seat and struggles to pull off his jacket as his slight masculine arm tries to find space between him and the seat.

Lavender sighs and reaches over to grab the edges of the jacket and helps him take it off, showing the visible sweat marks around his shirt's neckline.

"Damn, is it that hot?" Lavender asks with a small chuckle as she can feel the jacket nearly turning into its own oven before tossing it into the back, getting Domen to clench his jaw at her disregard for expensive suits.

"You should have folded that at least." He says in a low growl just as the light turns green. "It's not cheap."

"I don't know how much a suit is and I didn't know I needed to fold it. It's not like it will wrinkle, right?" Lavender chuckles as Domen rolls his eyes and doesn't say more. She glances out the window as she tries to think of anything else to try to buy some time when she notices a gas station just up ahead. "Anyway I kind of have to use the bathroom..."

"Seriously?" Domen glances at her with the well-known 'you've got to be kidding me look' but decides to slowly drive into the parking lot of the gas station.