Part 5- Kate's POV

"Pippa?" she whispered. Why would Pippa volunteer to become Harry and Meghan's surrogate?Why did she feel it necessary to hide this from me? Why would she want to do this especially when Meghan had already accused Harry of cheating on her with Pippa, all because Harry and Pippa are best friends and Meghan feels jealous of their relationship?

Suddenly, the shock of Pippa being the surrogate was gone and was replaced by anger. Anger at her sister for hiding this from her for so long, anger at Harry for getting her younger sister involved with Meghan. She knew Meghan would would go ballistic if she found out that Pippa was the surrogate. She knew Meghan would accuse Harry of cheating on her with Pippa again and that could make the divorce procedures even more complicated, not to say the damage that could have on both Harry and Pippa's reputation.

Wait a minute... How did Harry and Pippa go for nine months twice without Meghan finding out about Pippa being the surrogate? Surely she would have wanted to meet the woman carrying her child and boy, Meghan could get really jealous. She had seen the looks that Meghan had thrown at her whenever Harry would hug, kiss, laugh or spend time with her. There was no way Meghan would not have met the women carrying the children, if only to assert her possessiveness and to ensure that the women did not get their hands on her husband or she could loose her Royal status if Harry fell for another women and divorced her. Too bad, the divorce was happening anyway.

Was Pippa the surrogate for both Archie and Lilibet? Were these pregnancies the reason that she had barely seen her sister in the last three years? Is there something going on between her sister and her brother in law? Not that she wouldn't mind, but she doesn't want Pippa to be the reason for Harry and Meghan's divorce. But didn't Harry accuse Meghan of infidelity? Why did Pippa hide all of this from her? Did she not trust her? Was Harry more important than her own sister. Ugh! All of this is so confusing.

Kate had always found it weird that Pippa had decided to settle in the States and not come back home from months at a stretch. Her sister, who would feel homesick within a week decided not to visit her family for days. When had things changed so much? Did she even know her sister anymore? What was going on in Pippa's life at the moment? Her sister, who would share every second of her life with her, had decided to keep such a big matter a secret. When had she become so distanced from her sister? Had becoming a mother to three kids and taking on more royal duties after Harry and Meghan's exit from the family distanced her from her sister?

No, no, she was getting everything wrong again. Archie was born in 2019 and at that time Meghan and Harry were working members of the royal family and she herself had seen Meghan pregnant. Then how could Pippa be the surrogate? Was Meghan acting to be pregnant? Being at actress, it wouldn't be difficult for her to pull such a stunt. Was this the reason why Pippa was missing the day Archie was born. It was weird that Pippa wouldn't be there to celebrate the birth of her best friend's son. Could this also be the reason why Meghan never stepped out to pose for a picture on the hospital steps and why Archie's birth was kept a secret?

Ugh!!! There are so many questions that she wanted to ask Harry right now but it is almost time for the kids to come back and she need to take a nap to get rid of the headache that is building. She decided to speak to them later.

Kate came out of her thoughts and looked towards Harry and William, who seemed to be worried about her reaction and were just observing her for the past 10 minutes. She sighed, "Don't worry about me you two, I'll be fine. It is just a lot for me to take in all at once. Harry, I want to speak with you and Pippa tonight once the kids are in bed. I have questions and I want answers."

"Yes, of course. I can't speak for Pippa but I'll try to answer all the questions I can."

"William, will you wake me up once the kids return?"

"Sure, Go to bed, baby. I'll wake you once the kids are back." William then softly kissed Kate and then left the room with Harry.

Kate slept thinking about everything that Harry had told them till now with questions still in her mind.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: I know this chapter was a bit boring but it was needed to build up the plot. The next few chapters would be more interesting with Pippa's appearance and Pippa and Harry clearing everything. Oh and Meghan would be appearing soon.

Please vote, review and share. If you have any ideas that you would want me to incorporate, do reach out. I'll try my best to do so.

Also, do read my other work- "Realisation" if you haven't read it till now.