♡⎠⎠ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟷𝟿 ⎝⎝♡

Asteria's POV

I just arrived at his workplace. I stepped out of the car carrying my lunch bag.

I thanked the driver and requested that he wait for me. I walked into the enormous building.

The receptionist recognized me and approached me.

"Good afternoon, ma'am", she said.

"Good afternoon", I said with a smile.

"I assume you've come to see Mr. Angelos", she inquired pleasantly.

"Yes", I said, making her grin.

"Please come this way, I'll take you to him", she said as she led me to a private elevator.

"Sorry, I forgot my private elevator key. You just wait for me here, and I'll be right back", she stated as she moved towards her desk.

I was standing there admiring the beautiful walls when I noticed a bunch of females out of the corner of my eye. They were all staring at me.

What's with everyone staring at me everywhere I go?

I tried to ignore them, but it appeared like they were discussing me. One of them suddenly approached me.

Please don't come, I mentally prayed.

"Hello", she said in English, waving at me.

"Um, hello", I said, trying to smile at her.

"Are you Mr. Angelos' latest girlfriend?", she asked.

"I'm not his girlfriend, no way. He's my friend", I told her.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. I thought you were his latest girlfriend," she explained.

"Latest, did he have many girlfriends before?", I questioned.

"I mean, he changes his girlfriend every month. Let me show you a picture of his last girlfriend", she continued, showing me a picture of Alek with a girl.

"They looked great together. But I'm curious why they split up", she continued, as the receptionist arrived.

"Anyway, it was nice meeting you", she said as she walked away.

"Let's go, Miss Petropoulos", the receptionist said as she took me to Alek's office and then departed.

I walked into the office, but there was no one there. I exited his office, leaving the bag on the table. I went to his assistant's office, but no one was there either.

Mr. Aleksander, where have you gone?

I exited and glanced around; there were three more rooms as well. Perhaps he is in one of them.

I approached the first one and gently opened the door. I slipped my head inside the room and realized I'd made a mistake.

Oh my, there were so many people, and Alek was also seated there. They all turned to face me, including Alek, who was smiling at me despite my fears that he might get angry.

"I'm sorry", I smiled sheepishly as I shut the door.

I should probably return to his office and wait. I made my way to his office. For the first time, I took note of his office. The magnificent artwork on the walls, the large table with tons of documents and other stuff, and the breathtaking view from ceiling to floor window.

I sat in his huge chair after observing the scenery for a bit. The boss's chair, from which he gives orders to his employees.

When I imagined Alek's solemn visage directing his staff to do this or that, I mentally chuckled.