♡⎠⎠ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 𝟸𝟹 ⎝⎝♡

Althea's POV

I was really drunk. My friends started to leave one by one. And here I was, looking for Ria.

Where did she went?

Perhaps she went to the VIP section, I thought as I stepped upstairs to the VIP room.

When I opened the door, Demetrius was sitting there with two girls on his lap. One was kissing him, while the other was kissing his neck.

Fucking manwhore!

He first stared at me, then at my outfit. I gave him a dirty look and slammed the door shut behind me

I need to get home right now.

My phone rang, and I answered it. It was Alek.

"Where are you?", he asked straight away.

"In the club", I replied.

"Come outside the club right now, Paul is coming to take you back home", he said, and when I questioned about Ria, he stated he was bringing her with him.

That's good because I don't want Alek to see me crying over his fucking best friend.

I exited the club to see Paul waiting for me.

"This way, ma'am", he said.

"I need some alone time. You wait in the car for me, I'll come", I replied, and he hesitated but then nodded.

I wandered to the roadside pavement and sat down. I have no idea when my eyes started to well up with tears.

I should not have fallen for a jerk like him. Despite knowing that he is a manwhore, I have been in love with him for years.

I can't even hate him. My heart has been yearning for him since the day he gave me that rose on Valentine's Day.

I was just ten years old at the time. Demetrius used to come to our house on a daily basis. I used to sneak around and watch him play with Alek. I had no idea what I was experiencing at the moment. When he looked at me, I always felt something.

It was Valentine's Day, and I assumed he wouldn't come because he had a date or something, since Alek had also gone on a date. But he came home, not to see Alek, but to see me. He gave me a rose, complimented me, and even kissed me on the cheek.

But he changed entirely after that day. He began dating a number of girls. I didn't understand anything at the moment. But when I turned 18, I understood his definition of dating.

More tears sprang from my eyes, but I brushed them away.

Why can't I seem to hate him?

Why, God?

Demetrius' POV

Fuck!

What did I do?

Thea.

When I stood up, both of the females tumbled off my lap.

I disregarded their stupid expressions and ran towards Thea, who gave me that disappointed look before leaving.

What if Alek comes across me with her? I don't give a fuck.

I dashed towards her, but why are there so many people? I can't seem to find her.

Perhaps she went outside. I exited the nightclub. She is not present there. I made my way to the parking lot. I noticed Paul, her driver.

"Where is Thea?", I asked him.