Prolouge: The End?

Xelqua was about to escape.

Finally, after all these torturous years and months and days of being a watcher, Xelqua had the chance to just step in the portal and escape the watchers.

But the big problem was:

He would be leaving Evo behind.

Xelqua didn't want to keep caring about it, but they couldn't help it. Just the thought of his server getting run over by all the watchers just made him shiver in disgust.

They still wanted to see his friends, his family intact and in one piece. Leaving them would only hurt them. Oh, how much he really cared about seeing Jim or Martyn safe and in one piece. I mean, he does like all of them, but he hangs with Jim and Martyn the most. Taurtis? He's out of the picture.

(A/N: I've never watched Evo in my life, so i'm sorry if this isn't accurate. I'm only basing this off of the many fanfics i've read.)

He would love to also see his empire flourish. But of course, he had to focus.

Another problem was that they couldn't predict what would be on the other side. What if the place was dangerous? What if it was all just...

No, Xelqua had to focus on escaping. Xavvis was currently holding off the watchers at the moment, and it would be a shame if it would all go to waste because of his fears.

The watcher slowly inched towards the glowing purple portal.

The portal had a dark purple swirl that kept circling around. Surrounding it was a lighter purple that had created the glowing effect and the emits of purple sparkles, swirling around the portal itself. Most importantly, the outside was made of rocky dark purple obsidian that looked rough and really textured.

Xelqua couldn't trust this.

No, their instincts told them to stop and walk away.

It all seemed too perfect. Too perfect to get away, too perfect to just slip in, and none of the watchers would even bat an eye on his disappearance. Heck, he didn't even matter to them. They were just another doll.

Although, the thought of feeling the cool air managed to stay in his mind.

Once again, he slowly walked towards the portal. The portal was shining in front of them, waiting to be used.

Oh, how easy would it be just to step in and not have to worry about it.

He shakily sighed, slowly stepping into the portal for it to consume them whole. The portal felt like water, or something along those lines. It was something that Xelqua wasn't as used to, because he had never been through a portal in his whole life. The watchers were always watching.

It felt surreal just to be leaving all his memories behind with just a portal.

Yet, it feels too good.

The portal he entered took him to the other side, purple painted vision slowly fading away as the 'watcher' blinked a couple of times to take in their surroundings.

<::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>

[Grian has joined the game]

...

.....................................................................

510 words