Chapter 1: Overworld

[Grian has joined the game]

<Iskall85> o/

<JoeHills> Hello!

<StressMonster101> hi!!

<Goodtimeswithscar> hello there!

<MumboJumbo> o7

<Iskall85> Mumbo it's o/

<MumboJumbo> oh sorry o/

<impulseSV> Hey there!

<FalseSymmetry> New member?

<ZombieCleo> another boy >:( /hj

<Xisumavoid> Welcome aboard!

Now, of course Grian was able to see & feel the 'buzz' on his right arm, but he was focused on his own world.

(Quick A/N: if you've been in a server before, you automatically get a communicator and connect to the general chat of the server. Although, you would have to manually set up any private DMs. Thought I'd make this clear.)

Grian brought his arm to his eyes, and carefully rubbed it. He slowly looked around, turning his head to face the other areas. The purple vision faded away completely.

The lime green grass was the first thing that quickly brought his attention. It was bright, and nothing he had seen much before in his time of being a watcher. Well, the end only had endstone to stand on. The scene was bright, and the sun's rays were quick to sabotage Grian's vision. Reacting to this, he turned away towards another side to block the sunlight he wasn't used to. The end was always dark, so it would take a while to adjust to the Overworld.

The side he had turned to had dark oak trees running along the flatlands. Grian stared at it for a bit, taking in the trees.

The sky was blue, the grass was green, the trees were swaying to the wind, and animals passed by, making their animal noises.

Grian used to love this.

Grian used to live in this.

But those damn watchers.

He sighed, and slowly took his first few steps in the Overworld. The grass brushed against his shoes, and each step left a small crumpling sound. Grian looked down, noticing his current shoes.

Wait.

They were BLACK.

The robes no longer covered his shoes, and he was quick to react. Grian stopped in place, checking himself for any other not-in-the-ordinary things.

Checking his sleeves, the once dark, desaturated purple was replaced by red fuzzy sleeves that hugs his arms. Next, checking the sweater, he found himself wearing a red jumper that hung on his body, and gray sweatpants that seemed... very comfortable.

He found himself looking at the palm of his hands, finding a warm shade of peach instead of a cold and dusty purple he was used to seeing.

Oh my.

He hadn't felt the sense of being human for so long, it would've brought him to tears. Except it didn't, as he continued to stare at his palm.

Later on after realizing he was no longer in his watcher form, he started to slowly walk around the area. He dragged his feet forward to move around, taking in more of the scenery. Grian looked around and roamed around the area.

He spawned on an island, near the shore. There were barely any trees whatsoever and the only thing he could do was figure out what else to do on this tiny island. He crouched down and grabbed a bit of sand, wondering what on earth he could do. The sand consists of small grains that barely stood still in his hands, dripping off to the side. He dropped it, letting it return to the shore.

He stood back up and went back onto the grass, now pondering what else he could do.

Now, what did normal players do again?

Oh! They mine trees!

He walked over to an oak tree. He was on top of it, mining down to get the oak logs that made up the tree. He pushed through the leaves to get to the wood. Grian was a bit surprised it barely hurt him.

Once he got the 4 logs that came from the tree, he pushed aside the remaining leaves to get himself back onto the grass. Once more, he found another tree. He mined that one.

And another, and another.

Once he did get the logs, Grian looked around one more time. He didn't know what else to do except explore the island. Making the logs into wood, he made a crafting table to make other materials that he desperately needed to survive.

He hasn't been on a survival world in a bit, especially on this version.

Well, he was exploring for a bit, until he heard a few footsteps coming right behind him. On instinct, he pulled out his nearest weapon and turned to face the sound.

"Whoever's there, you better show yourself." He said, scanning the area. The atmosphere was quiet, and no noise was coming from the area. There were only grass, trees, and saplings. Maybe he was imagining stuff?

Grian put away his wooden axe and sighed. Yeah, seems like i-

"Hello there!"

Grian yelped in surprise, once more taking out his axe from his inventory. There was definitely someone behind him. He jumped up, and faced the unknown voice, still grasping his weapon. "Who's there?!"

..................................................................

840 words