Feelings Pt. 2

JISOO POV
••••••••••
Break Up With Your Girlfriend
••••••••••

"Everyone, this is Irene. My girlfriend." She blushed and the moms quickly came to greet her.

I can't believe it!

She's going out with the girl who BULLIED ME?!!

And I felt something...tighten in my chest...like it hurt to see her with a girlfriend.

Jennie frowned and came to my side but I stood up and went to my room.

I looked back at my mom and Mrs.Kim fawning over Irene. I rolled my eyes and slammed myself into my room. I wrapped my blankets around myself and silently...fumed?...on my bed.

A few minutes later, Jennie gently pushed open the door.

I glanced at her once and looked away. "What do you want Jennie?"

She sighed and sat on the edge of the bed looking at me. "I want my best friend to see my new girlfriend."

"How could you date her?!" I shouted angrily. I'm not going to drive in circles around why I'm mad. I am....furious.

She leaned back in shock. "What?"

"I told you what I thought about her! That I didn't like her! And now you're actually going out with her!"

She quickly stood up and I followed, flipping the blanket covers quickly.

She pressed a finger into my chest. "You did no such thing! You definitely told me you didn't like her! But you refuted it by saying that it probably wasn't her! I was attracted to her so I went for it!"

That was true. I did tell her I wasn't sure. Because of course I wasn't! What we're the chances that it was going to be her?!

I had checked my yearbook and found her in one of the pictures from when they came over to volunteer.

I turned around and paced in front of her, clasping my hands around the back of my neck.

She took a deep breath. "Jisoo....what happened?"

I let go of my head and covered my face.

That's all I needed for the feelings to rush out.

She came over and removed my hands from my face with force. She held my cheeks and wiped away the tears as a tightening in my chest came upon seeing her cry.

A tear slid down my cheek. "J-Jisoo? Why—why are you crying?"

I sniffled and held her hands to my cheeks.

"Irene....she bullied me."

She dropped her hands from my face in shock.

And so she let go of my face in shock.

Jennie shook her head as she reached forward and pressed my forehead against hers. "J-Jisoo. I'm so so sorry. I—I should've...." she sobbed.

I smiled sadly and held her face. "How could you have?"

Jennie shook her head and banged her small fists against my shoulders. "Why didn't you tell me?! I'm your best friend Jisoo!" She sobbed again and leaned her face into my neck and choked out, "We're supposed to be there for each other....now I'm dating your bully and I didn't even know!"

She tried to pull away but I wrapped my arms around her waist and held her tightly. "You were dealing with too much stuff with Kai and in school for me to say anything. I didn't want to...put...pressure on you..."