15

Vineyard

Armand the man I was supposed to trick hosted a celebration at a Vineyard that now is supposedly his. Hopefully James won't know and hopefully Alejandro my brother. I rush the Armand and he kisses my cheek. I secretly rubbed it after. He held out his arms for me to take as I took it. This man has to be the most secretive and cowardly. I don't know if I just think him of a coward because my entire family either fought with a sword of with their fists and there was no none. I could barely stomach the sight of Armand and when we started to greet guests I felt sick being called his lover. I felt like vomit.

I turn to face the other direction expected to greet guests when James pushes the guest away and stands in front of me.

I struggled to not run to him and act like I am angry he came but I managed it.

"James?"

"Elena." Suddenly both Alejandro and James stand in front of me

"Alejandro?"

"De la vega."

"Count."

I look at Armand, Alejandro and James.

"You three know each other?" I ask

"We seemed to have shared a laugh at the buffet..." Armand says

I look at James and looked back down guiltily. If only he knew I don't love this man but him. And Alejandro must think I am a betrayer for James. I think as the days go they both will see me as a betrayer.

"Elena seems to have lost her interest in you and chose the better man..." Armand says

Armand is selfish and a narcissistic. I have not chosen you Armand I have chosen James but if I speak the truth he is most likely to be gone.

"Well, all this talk of politics Armand, I'm afraid it bores me awfully very much." I lie acting like my family line weren't politics

"Yes, of course. May I have the honour of this dance with you?"
He says

"Sí..." I say (means yes)

"And thank you for inviting us, we have a very important business to attend to all together..." Theodore says as Andrew guides them away

"Don't be rude Andrew, Theodore, I am dying to know how the love birds met!" James says

I could tell the both of them were drunk and Theodore and Andrew were already embarrassed by them.