Chapter 4-But How?

Jennifer herself doesn't know why she decided to stay. Partially, she has developed sympathy for the gloomy person and partially, she wants to know his story. 
But both of the reasons are not enough satisfying to live with a stranger who claims to be a dead soul in a haunted house.

Ryan gets fits of murdering that imaginary person time to time. Everytime he falls on the ground with sweaty pale face, stands up after a while and asks Jennifer again if she is scared of him.

Talking to him is harder than talking to a blind deaf. He seldom replies and with unimportant information. In order to know about the guy and his family, Jennifer decides to search clues in his house.

As she noticed earlier in the kitchen the refrigerator was full of edibles. There is a dishwasher by the wash basin. All the utensils are arranged in the cupboard in usable manner. But there is no dry ration in any of the cupboards. Ryan doesn't cook, he simply eats what's in the refrigerator, and refuses that he doesn't eat at all.

In Ryan's bedroom, the closet is full of suits, underwear, shoes, shaving, cleaning and moisturizing products. All of them new and usable. The strange part is, all of the wearables are same as what he is already wearing. And the sad part is, there is no feminine belongings which indicates his separation with his wife. But why would he keep her pictures?
Ryan changes one funeral suit and wears another. He doesn't do the laundry, just puts the dirty clothes in a basket in a storeroom opposite to his bedroom. There is another box full of shaving creams, shampoos, soaps,  blades .etc. like a stock. The other rooms on the first floor are locked.

Drawing room has multiple musical instruments which Ryan plays time to time.

He sleeps, he eats, he drinks water, he breathes and he goes unconscious everytime he imaginarily shoots himself. All findings point to one conclusion which feels pretty much confirmed that he is a healthy alive human who has mental issues. But still there are alot of strange things about him and the house. The most important is, he neither goes out nor anyone comes here for him. It's understandable to lack family but living such luxury without a job isn't.

Jennifer takes the keys set, she found in the entrance hall when she intended to leave. She tries each key on the doors of the remaining locked rooms of first floor. Each key is a disappointment.
The last key and she prays that this one will work. Just as the door knob clicks with the insert of the key, a monotonous voice jumps her from behind.
"Are you not scared of me?"
Jennifer inhales sharply and says, "Is that some kind of joke? Cuz I am not laughing!"
Ryan walks leaving her behind with her disgust.
She twist the last key in the lock but that still doesn't work.
"Heyy wait!!" She calls Ryan who is about to descend the stairs.
"Where is the key to this room?" She asks so confidently.

Ryan stares at the door she is pointing and a layer of confusion plasters his face. He looks at the room as if he doesn't own it or if that room isn't a part of his house. He shrugs his shoulders and leave without uttering a single word.

Again she hears his screams at his invisible Heartbreaker. She descend the stairs and watches him shoot himself and falls lifelessly on the floor. And again after a few moments stands up.
"Are you not scared of me?", he asks Jennifer again when he finds her standing next to him.

"Ryan.... you're not a soul...", Jennifer speaks in concern with low volume.
She walks towards him, her eyes radiate sympathy.
"Stop saying that. You're a human just like me. You eat, you sleep, you do everything that a human does Ryan", she says his name again in order to enforce her statement on him.
"I don't eat. I don't sleep"
"I know I can't prove that you sleep but I can show you that you ate", she beacons him towards the kitchen.
"You ate two apples, a bunch of grapes, a meat meal and beans from the lunch boxes of your refrigerator yesterday", by saying this, she opens the door of the fridge.

Jennifer's jaw drops and eyes bulge out when she sees the apples and the grapes in their place. Lunch boxes feel like untouched. Her heart starts to race.
"What...", she whispers underneath her breath. A deafening moment of silence prolongs. She gulps the lump in her throat and hardly looks at the stern man standing beside her.

"Are you not scared of me?", his voice thunders in the silence, giving Jennifer goose bumps. She gasps at the statement and becomes completely speechless.