5 Chapter

Maribel woke up in a strong brittle body, it seemed that a herd of horses ran over her a couple of times. My head and limbs ached just as much. The girl tried to get up, but all her attempts were unsuccessful, every movement was accompanied by hellish pain. She looked around the room warily
—everything was as before. If it wasn't for the pain, Maribel would have thought it was all a nightmare. The door opened quietly, and an elderly man in his 50s entered the room. The glasses gave him an intelligent look, although his appearance was very rumpled. Noticing the surprised and frightened look of the girl, the man bowed slightly and approached.

— Don't be alarmed, miss," he boomed politely, "I, Charles Wade, am your doctor. Please don't move, it could hurt you even more. For several weeks you need to observe bed rest. Maribel nodded, pulling the blanket tighter around her. A new wave of pain swept through her body, causing the girl to cry out, and the doctor immediately rushed to examine her.

.*.*.*.*.*.*.

A couple of days of bed rest really helped, the wounds gradually healed and it didn't hurt so much anymore. This pleased Maribel, but no more than the absence of a vampire. He came to her only three times, asked about her well-being and, having received the answer that everything was "better than yesterday," he left without touching her. But the girl understood that it would not be for long, as soon as she recovered, he would torment her again. She had already accepted it, pushing away the thought of running away. "It wouldn't have worked out anyway, it would have gotten even worse..." she thought.

The thought of the worst did not leave Maribel's head. "What could be worse? Beatings? Or will it close in the basement? No… Most likely, this creature will also rape me... No… I don't want that...". For some reason, she remembered how soldiers in the village where she used to be raped women, in front of all residents, even children. It was a terrible sight. But they were people, and this is a vampire… They are even more cruel than the army.

"You have to be obedient" — the words of one of the guards of the Master came to mind. It's strange, but they all got kind to her after that incident, perhaps because of Elias' will, or perhaps they just feel sorry for her. Although, vampires and pity? Words that are not destined to form into one sentence. But even in spite of this, Lyra often heard stories in which an aristocratic vampire fell in love with an ordinary girl and turned her into his own kind, that is, into a vampire. These stories made the girl think, would she like to become a bloodthirsty entity? Without a doubt, they, vampires, have strength and power and ... freedom... what the girl lacked so much. If she is turned, she can leave. But also, according to rumors, only noble or purebloods can transform, they say, their blood is healing, and after drinking it, a person will gain strength, but also, he will be tormented by a constant thirst for blood.

— the words of one of the guards of the Master came to mind. It's strange, but they all got kind to her after that incident, maybe out of Javon's will, or maybe they just feel sorry for her. Although, vampires and pity? Words that are not destined to form into one sentence.

But even in spite of this, Javon often heard stories in which an aristocratic vampire fell in love with an ordinary girl and turned her into his own kind, that is, into a vampire. These stories made the girl think, would she like to become a bloodthirsty entity? Without a doubt, they, vampires, have strength and power and ... freedom... what the girl lacked so much.

If she is turned, she can leave. But also, according to rumors, only noble or purebloods can transform, they say, their blood is healing, and after drinking it, a person will gain strength, but also, he will be tormented by a constant thirst for blood. "No... it's better to die..." — Maribel pushed away stupid thoughts about changing her essence and fell asleep.

_________________________________________

I will be glad if you put an asterisk, and subscribe to me.🫶🏽🌟