Chapter 4

Moon's POV:

Walking through the forest at night is really relaxing and exciting at the same time. It's far from quiet, but the atmosphere is just mysterious and overall breathtaking. Maybe it's also just my nature to prefer the darkness. I looked in Dream's direction. The soft, golden glow of his body lit up a very small radius of the forest, while my light purple glow lit up a way bigger part. My glow is the only thing that gives my twin the courage to even be outside at night, otherwise he'd be as helpless as I am at day. His golden eyes met mine and we smiled at each other. 

"How much further do we have to walk?" Dream asked, looking around the forest, but probably not seeing a thing. 

"Not that long, we're probably there around moonhigh" I replied. We continued to chatter about a lot of different things while walking down a small, overgrown path which I assume was made by deers or other animals. Dream became a little quieter and after a while he unsuccessfully tried to suppress a yawn. I smirked with just a little bit of pity. Dream looked up and scoffed with a slight smile. 

"Do you wanna turn around and do this tomorrow?" I asked Dream. He looked at me offended. 

"No! We're almost there, we can't turn around now!" He exclaimed. I snickered and my brother pouted which made me laugh even more. 

"Oh shut up bird-brain! I never mock you for being tired during day!" He yelled. 

"Yes you do!" I replied, now just as exasperated as he. 

"That's not true!" 

"It is true!" 

"No it's no-" he tried to answer, but got cut off when he stumbled over something, bumping into me. 

An audible *click* was heard. I got only a quick glance at Dream before suddenly a hidden net appeared under our feet with pulled us up in the air in less than a heartbeat. I crashed into Dream as we were where pulled up and let out a panicked scream. All of a sudden the upward motion ceased and the net swung violently left and right until we hit a tree with full force. I heard a sickening crunch and Dream screamed in agony as the net weakly swung back and forth. 

"Dream!? Are you alright?" I yelled concerned, trying to move with my twin lying on top of me. Dream only answered in an unintelligible whimper. 

"Where does it hurt?" I asked again, my voice slightly cracking. 

"I-I think my leg is b-broken" my twin cried, shaking in pain. I felt one of his tears on my painfully twisted arm. I can't move without hurting my brother or myself. I panicked. This might be one of the traps that humans set up to catch animals. My glow flickered slightly which alerted Dream of my own fear. 

"W-what's wrong?" Dream stuttered, trying not to hyperventilate. "D-Did you get h-hurt?" 

"No Dream, I'm- I'm fine" I answered. I don't want to freak out my twin even more, though he might already know. Dream whimpered as he tried to move a little and my heart hurt from knowing how much pain my brother is in right now. With some effort I managed to move my hand to touch Dream's back and slowly and carefully stroked him as an attempt of calming him down. His whimpers became quieter and I felt his shaky hand grabbing mine. Let's just hope we get out of here somehow before those humans come back.