Chapter 1

Chishiya's POV:
I walked up to the 10 of hearts in the middle of the burning lobby. The whole Beach was on fire, but I was the only one who seemed not to mind death, so I was the only one going this far for the cards. I scoffed at myself. "You never quit do you?" Kuina asked walking up behind me. "I was starting to think collecting these cards was pointless..." I said holding up the 10 of hearts. "What do you think now?" She asked. "I'm thinking that...we still haven't seen any of the face cards. So what is it the gamemaster wants us to see?" "Hey. I'm sorry for being a little hard on you earlier. I shouldn't tell you how to think, you're just being you" she said getting a little closer to me. "...whatever, let's just leave." We both stood for a moment in silence, then, ignoring what happened, I took out the strange drawing I found in the tag game out of my pocket. "I found this in a game. I think it's a map. And I think I know what it's a map of." "Okay.." she said. "..then let's follow it."

Niragi's POV:
I leaned against a post outside the burning building, then slid to the ground. I thought about Borderland. I knew everyone was in pain. Everyone was dying and watching other's die, but it felt like I was being personally targeted. Chishiya and me. He had a scar over his eye, and multiple wounds from that fucking fun house game, and I had a broken arm that probably hadn't fully healed and I got shot by the only person I'd fallen in love with. It's like we were just playing games within another giant game. A giant hearts game. I stood up feeling frustrated. "Why the fuck am I obsessing over this?" I asked myself as I banged my arm against the post. I walked away with my hands in my pockets.

Chishiya's POV:
Kuina and I walked into a room of monitors. Dead bodies rested on the desks in front of them. Arisu and Usagi stood across from us. "So you actually found this place?" I asked, startling Arisu. "I expected no less from you." "Long time no see" Kuina said. We both walked towards them. "What's going on?" Usagi asked. "Thanks to you two, I have all the numbered playing cards right here" I said holding them all up. "...thank you." "How did you find this place?" Arisu asked. I held up the map to them. "It took me a while, but I figured out that this is actually the map of a subway station" I explained. So what happens when we collect all the cards? I thought coming here would provide me with an answer. But I gotta tell you, I only know one thing..." I said before Arisu finishes my thought. "These people aren't game masters are they?" "...right. What's pretty clear is they were all killed after our victory. They're just humans like us, and the kicker is...there's someone above them." We all stood in silence and looked around the room sadly. "So then...who could they be?" Usagi asked. "Who knows? Maybe aliens. Maybe God." Suddenly all the monitors in the room lit up. A familiar voice spoke. "Congratulations to all players." I looked up to see Mira on the screen. "Mira" Arisu said. "Except for the face cards, you've completed all the numbered games, and emerged victorious" she said excitedly. "And the prize of these sweet victories was the sacrifice of many lives...I wonder just how many of your close friends have died? Do you remember the ones who were shot in the head?" Multiple incidents from different games showed up on each screen. "The girl you burned alive? The ones struck down by laser, or the ones who drowned?" I saw Niragi and me on the roof of the Beach. Each bullet pushed him closer to the edge. "The ones who's heads were blown off?" Mira continued. "Your friends. All the despair you felt. Those gruesome scenes, you'll never forget them. And that really touches me" Mira said sobbing. "To all surviving players. We just wanted to give you a present." "Going back to our world?" Kuina said. "There will be new games!" Mira yelled cheerily. "Let's all play, and this time with all the face cards!" "New games?" Kuina asked. "I don't hate that idea" I said with a smirk. "We've got so many more wonderful games in store for you all, so be prepared!" "So then...is she the game master?" Usagi said. "I think I'd rather see an alien up there" Kuina said. I laughed. "The next stage starts tomorrow! When the clock strikes noon. "Let's have some fun! All together!" "So we have to fight again?!" Usagi said. "Yeah..but there's one difference. Now we know what our target looks like" said Arisu. We went outside to see fireworks flying everywhere. We stood in front of a large sign reading "next stage" in capital letters. Here we go again. I thought.