Chapter 2

Chishiya's POV:
"None of the games have started yet" Arisu said. "Maybe we still have time" Usagi responded. I smirked. "Or they forgot to push the big red start button" I said. "They didn't even tell us about the rules for this one" Kuina said as she sat on the road. Suddenly, multiple cars started driving towards us. "They're alive. Beach people" Kuina said. Everyone stopped and got out of their cars. Arisu approached a man to ask what they were all doing, when the man got shot down. People started getting shot one by one. "A rifle" I said. We all started moving away. "That thing's an anti-tank rifle" I noticed. People hid behind cars and the one in front of me got shot. "So I'd forget about hiding behind a car" I said.

Niragi's POV:
I slowly made my way towards the blimps in the sky. Each held a large face card above their arenas. Could they have made this any more dramatic? I thought. I was in a bad mood. Everything was pissing me off. I heard gunshots in the distance. "I must be getting close." I ran ahead and observed from behind a few bushes. People were running and getting shot down. "Is this a game? Looks more like just a random killing spree. What're the rules?" I saw Chishiya hiding behind the wall of a building with Arisu, Usagi, and Kuina. My heart dropped. They all started running and they split up. I sat down trying to think. After a few seconds I finally stood up and started walking away. "Fuck this, I'm finding a better game. Everyone else can deal with this shit on their own."

Chishiya's POV:
Kuina and I hid behind a car and watched Arisu and Usagi hide behind a car across from us. The rifle fired at the car we were hiding behind and a large shadow slowly made its way towards us. We looked up to see a large blimp with a giant king of spades hanging from it. "He must be the King of Spades" I said. As the king of spades got closer, Arisu and Usagi came running and hid behind the car next to us. "Hey! You two okay? You hurt?" Kuina asked. I waved and before I could say anything more gunshots fired. People screamed and ran away. "We're pinned down here!" Kuina yelled. "If we step out, he'll get us" Usagi responded. Suddenly, a car honked near by. We all peaked over our cars to see what was going on. Ann and Tatta stopped in the middle of the street. "Get in!" Tatta yelled. "Don't just stand there!" Ann yelled. We all ran to the car as fast as we could. "Run!" Kuina yelled to me. A grenade dropped and rolled in front of me. "That's bad. Get going!" I said as I ran back to the other cars to hide. "Drive!" Ann said. Tatta started driving away. "Chishiya!" Kuina yelled as I jumped behind the car. The grenade exploded almost hitting the car they were driving in, but they got away. I layed there for a second panting. I observed who was being shot to see which direction the shooter was going. I watched a man across from me hold up a gun to the King of Spades. His whole body shook in fear and he could barely hold the gun. Before pulling the trigger he got shot down. "Idiot" I said, rolling my eyes. I waited for a few people ahead of him to get shot, then I kept low and ran for the man's gun. I checked that it was loaded, then sped over to another car. I ran towards a building as fast as I could. I began walking as far away as I could from the sound of the gunshots. They echoed through the street, and eventually I was so far, I couldn't hear a thing. A building appeared behind a few trees and bushes. The building was old and grey and had stains on the walls. Above it was a large blimp with the Queen of Spades card hanging from it. "I guess I'll play here" I said.

Niragi's POV:
I found myself walking towards another game. I saw the blimp, and payed no attention to the card. I didn't care what game it was, I just didn't want to be involved in some mass murder disguised as something they called a game. What bullshit. I approached the rough looking building and went around to the front. The wooden stairs creaked as I made my way to the top. The floor of the deck was cold stone that matched how the room felt as I walked in. I held the door open before committing, then kept walking and let it shut behind me. A bright room was filled with blue mats, bars, and ropes. A few beams of different heights stood over more mats and colourful blocks were piled up against walls. "A gymnasium." I said. A voice came from the right side of the room. Everyone turned their heads towards it as a figure appeared. The Queen of Spades. Everyone started walking closer, except for me and one person leaning against the wall across from me. I looked up to see who it was. Chishiya looked up and made eye contact with me. We stared at each other for a moment then looked over and listened to the instructions. "Hello all!" The Queen said. "My name is Reburu. This is my little game called The Floor Is Lava." I groaned and rolled my eyes. "There better be actual lava involved" I muttered. Reburu glared at me. "No! But if you fall..." She rolled out a table of collars which everyone grabbed and put on. "...the little guns around the top of the room.." She pointed to the ceiling. "..which are tracking your collars, will shoot you, and you will be killed with just one bullet." Everyone started panicking and trying to pry of their collars. Chishiya and I slowly walked up to the table of collars and grabbed our own. "If you stop moving for 20 seconds, you will be shot. The trackers know how close you need to be to push someone to the floor. This means, if you push someone off the equipment, you will be shot and the person close to you gets another chance. It also means, if you're close enough to someone and they fall, even if you didn't push them, you will be shot, and the person close to you gets another chance. The twist is...I want to have some fun too. This game does not have a time limit, therefore, the game ends when you or I die. You have 5 seconds to get on a piece of equipment. Anyone who doesn't make it on top will be immediately eliminated. Have fun!" She said in a psychotically cheery way. A countdown from 5 started and everyone rushed in panic to get off the floor. The Queen of Spades calmly walked on to some equipment and smiled. "5.." Chishiya and I walked slowly once again. I stood on a colourful foam cube. "4.." Chishiya got on the tallest balancing beam in the room. "3.." the Queen rasied her arms to the air and smiled. "Let's play!" She yelled happily. "2.." She clapped and looked around the room, flashing her smile at everyone. "1." Five people who hadn't made it on the equipment got shot, and the game had begun.