Chapter 3

Chishiya's POV
I sat on the highest balancing beam so I wouldn't be bothered by anyone. Then of course, Niragi started walking towards me. My wristband counted 15 seconds of sitting in one spot, so I got up and jumped to a tall rectangular foam block that was next to my spot. Niragi made it to the beam and sat there. I continued to ignore him and I waited for the next few seconds to go by. Before 20 seconds I hopped over to a large blue and red rectangle lying on the floor. Across from me was another beam about the height of my waist where someone was holding onto it like a koala and cowering in fear. "Eh. We don't need him." I said. After another 15 seconds I made my way to the beam, got close up in front of him and jumped onto the ground. "W- why?!" He said crying and looking up at me. I bent down and faced him with a smirk. "Because fearful people bother me. And I need someone to take my anger out on." I said with a cruel tone. He got shot in front of me and I calmy climbed up a ladder that led to a platform attached to the wall, far away from Niragi. We made eye contact. He looked betrayed. "Asshole" I said as I observed the people in the room.

Niragi's POV
"Why would he do that?" I asked myself. I looked at my wristband. 17 seconds. I started going towards Chishiya and each time I tried getting closer, he'd move to a new platform. I focused my attention on the Queen of Spades. She was moving close to people then jumping off the platforms. "Ah! She pushed me!" She'd say acting hurt. I tried to stay distant and unnoticeable, so I wouldn't be a victim. People layed on the floor and equipment and bled out. We began with 21 people and were already down to 9, including the Queen. 8..7..6..5.. By the time we had reached 5 people, it was the Queen, a tall man who jumped from platform to platform with no problem, a girl who looked in her early twenties and was very swift, Chishiya, and me. Now it was time to form a plan.

Chishiya's POV
We were down to 5 people. It was now time to form a plan. Everyone stared at each other. The room was tense and silent. The Queen will try to use her main way of eliminating other players. I thought. Based on what I've seen so far, she chooses the most fearful or small, so her next move will likely be to eliminate that girl over there, or me, as we're the shortest people here. From observing the girl's strategies, I'd have to assume she'd try to get close to someone else and leap away before she's caught, leaving the person she gets close to to die instead. I looked at the guy. They seem to have had some interaction with him, and little or no interaction with Niragi or me, so naturally she'd pick on that guy. As I thought, the Queen began slowly walking towards the girl, and the girl casually walked towards the guy. Now, if I time this right, I could sneak over to where the Queen is going to stop, and fall before she does. The other players will hopefully accept it and not say anything, as we all know, it's us against the Queen. Not against each other. I carefully watched where I needed to go as the Queen got closer and closer to the girl.

Niragi's POV
I watched Chishiya stare at a spot on the beam that the Queen was walking on as he sat on a high platform at the top of a ladder. The Queen slowly walked towards the two players, and Chishiya looked ready to jump. When I realized what he was doing I panicked. I ran towards him and the second he jumped I slipped. Everything seemed to go in slow motion. Chishiya was in midair on his way to landing on the balancing beam, and I was falling down trying to catch myself on the ladder he jumped from. I closed my eyes and let everything happen in a flash.

Chishiya's POV
I jumped forward from the ladder hoping to land on the balancing beam where Reburu was walking. Behind me I heard a yell. I turned in midair to see what happened. Niragi slipped off a foam platform and was falling trying to grab hold of the ladder. I landed next to the Queen at the right time, but I landed on my back and my head hit the beam. I yelled in pain and blacked out.

Niragi's POV
My body shut down accepting its fate, expecting death. I hit the floor. After what felt like a few hours, I woke up in the same spot I fell. I'm not dead? I thought. I looked up to see that the Queen was bleeding out on the beam. "Game complete. Congratulations!" The announcer said. The other two players were huddling and I weakly lifted myself up and dragged myself over to see why. Chishiya was laying on the ground. The back of his head was bleeding and he wasn't conscious. "He's still breathing." The woman said. "I think he deserves it. Did you see what he did to that other dude?" I looked at the guy disgusted. "Literally everyone was doing it. And he just saved your asses!" I yelled. He scoffed and got up to leave the arena. I looked up at the woman. "What's your name?" She asked. "Suguru Niragi. Yours?" "Ren." She said. "Just Ren? I asked. "You know him?" She asked me, suddenly changing the subject. "Yeah, he's my boyfriend I guess. Why, do you?" I replied. "Yeah, but he doesn't know me...he's my brother. My name's Chishiya. Ren Chishiya."