Chapter 4

Niragi's POV
My jaw dropped. "So boyfriend, huh?" She asked as if what she said was nothing. "Um..I mean yeah, I guess. More like ex, but I don't know if we ever mutually agreed that we were boyfriends or anything." "Where did you two meet?" She asked. I hesitated. "Here. In Borderland." "What an awful idea." She said with a chuckle. "I have to admit, you two definitely share the same annoying smirk." I said. She helped me pick him up and I followed her to wherever she had in mind. "If you don't mind me asking, why do you know him, but he doesn't know you?" I asked Ren. "Our parents split up right after we were born. Their relationship was so upsetting and their break up was even worse, so they didn't want anything to do with each other. They cut ties with each other's families completely, I stayed with our mother, he stayed with our father, and both of us, I assume, were convinced that our other parent was dead. Our mother was diagnosed with cancer and died shortly after that, but she made sure I knew about my dad and my brother before she was gone so I knew I still had family somewhere else and there was somewhere else I could stay." I let out a tired huff. "Yeah, it's a bit of a cliche backstory. Maybe that makes you lucky to get the sibling that knows nothing about his family." She laughed, clearly trying to cover up the way she felt about what she'd just told me.

Chishiya's POV
I woke up in a dark warehouse in a sleeping bag. The only source of light was a lantern next to a strong looking girl with short black hair, wearing black leggings and a baggy black hoodie. It was the girl from the game. Across from her at the plastic fold-out table was someone tall, also wearing all black. Oh, it's Niragi. I groaned in my head. "Hey, you okay?" The girl said. I looked at her and she looked at me. "Was that out loud?" I asked. She and Niragi nodded. I looked around processed my surroundings. The room spun and my head throbbed. I looked at the girl as she got up and crouched down beside me. "Oh!" I exclaimed weakly. "Ren right? Good to finally meet you." I said in a rough voice. She made a confused face. "What do you mean, finally?" She asked. "Ren Chishiya right?" I replied. "How do you know?" "I found a photo that dad never threw away, tracked mom down, and asked her a few questions. I'm not stupid y'know, I do my research." I sat up quickly and almost fell back down. "Fuck, my head hurts." I said putting my hand to the back of it. I felt dry blood and looked at my hand. "It was just minor, it stopped bleeding, but if it still hurts I can get you some ice from the convenience store down the road?" She said. "I'll be fine." I grunted, slowly trying to get up. "Don't get up, just eat and let your head rest." Niragi said. I shot him a look. "Seriously?" I asked rhetorically. Ren brought me some food. "Can we talk?" Niragi said in a frustrated voice. "I'd rather not. I need to give my head rest. Remember?" I said, looking back at him with an angry smile. Ren sighed and tried to change the subject. "Eat up, tomorrow we'll all go to the next game, and you need to restore your energy." I ate my food and eventually Ren and Niragi went to sleep. I layed in my sleeping bag, faceup. Something was wrong. I was feeling something I hadn't felt very often. Fear. I quietly cried and let my eyes get heavy until I finally fell asleep.

Niragi's POV:
We all sat quietly as Chishiya ate his food until Ren and Chishiya fell asleep. I layed on the floor with another sleeping bag that Ren found for me in the warehouse. I layed on my side and heard someone's breath. I concentrated and slowly liften my head up trying to see where it was coming from. Chishiya quietly cried. I considered talking to him, but I decided it would only make things worse. I cried knowing Chishiya was upset, and eventually fell asleep.

Chishiya's POV:
In the morning I shot up trying to catch my breath. I knew I had a bad dream, and I couldn't remember what happened. I sat in my sleeping bag trying to figure it out, when Niragi slowly sat up. I looked over at Ren's spot to see that she was gone. I stared at a ramen bowl that was steaming from inside. I attempted to get up, but I stumbled as the room spun. I sighed, frustrated. Niragi got up and grabbed the bowl, then placed it next to me, and walked away. He began wandering around the warehouse. I stared at him for a second, then sat with my ramen in my lap. Ren came back holding a basket of fish and a fishing rod. "Where'd you find a spot to fish?" I asked, muffling through noodles. "There's a dock at the back of the warehouse. I see you found your food." She said pointing to the pile of noodles hanging from my mouth. "Hey, there's food in here!" Niragi yelled from a large aisle with shelves of large boxes. I heard him running back to us, with something crinkling in his hands. He had 3 little yellow bags of biscuits. He tossed one to me and one to Ren. I opened the bag immediately and took out a cookie to examine it. I took a small bite. "Hm!" I exclaimed, raising my eyebrows. Niragi shoved three in his mouth at once. Ren walked over to a freezer at the back of warehouse. "How will it freeze with no electricity?" I asked. "There's still ice cold water and with the way the freezer is built, it keeps the water cold enough. We just need to eat the fish quickly." I finished my noodles and my bag of cookies. "C'mon, let's head to the next game" said Ren as she lead us out of the warehouse. I ran ahead to walk next to her and Niragi followed behind us. "So which game are we going for?" I asked. "Well, I believe there are only three left so.." My heart dropped. "I guess we'll head to the King of Hearts."