six.

Tiny Kids & Death Threats

~~~~~

~~~~~

Everything got better with time.

That was what had been drilled into Tatum's  mind ever since she was a young girl.

Every time her grandparents yelled at her mom, Tatum was always told by both parents that they just needed time.

Time to adjust.

Time to come to terms with the things.

When she had lost her dad, everyone told Tatum that it would get better with time. That in time, the pain would lessen and everything would get better. All she needed to do was take it one day at a time.

Bullshit.

It was all bullshit.

Nothing ever got better with time.

If anything, Tatum seemed to think that everything got worse as time passed.

But she had to be okay.

So she never told anyone that—how she actually felt.

Her search for a woman she'd never met before was getting worse as time passed. Well, it wasn't like she really even had a plan to begin with, and it was constantly getting interrupted by other things.

Work.

Her mom.

Her cousins.

Her friends.

Everyone always seemed to be needing something, so the search for the lady just kept getting pushed further and further down the list.

And honestly, Tatum was okay with it.

Maybe that was why she okay with waking up at five in the morning so she could open up the coffee shop for her boss, Mr. Wilson. She did it three times a week and as much as she hated waking up so early, she liked the distraction.

Because when she was busy, it took less effort to make sure she was fine and together.

Regardless, Tatum went through the robotic motions of opening the shop. She could do it in her sleep from how often she was there, which her boss was very thankful for.