15. Please Bite My Neck

Haeun POV

"Do you want to bite my neck?"

I stop when Joshua mutters his words. My face immediately burns and red in colour like a tomato, feeling embarrassed and blushing at the same time.

"WHAAAT?! NO! NO, NO, NO!!! WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! HOW COULD I DO SUCH A THING?!"

I take a deep breath, "I mean, not because it's you! Junho and I were kids back then! That's not the case for us! Now... now we're... we're grown! And are... still g-growing! Anyway... y-you know?! You get it, don't you?!"

"Who cares?" He smiles.

"Here, bite it." He loosens his tie before slightly pulling his shirt's collar.

"Gahhh! I can't! This is so embarrassing! And weird!"

His gaze soften, "But... that's how much I trust you, too. I mean it."

I stop for a moment, "Wh-what about you, Shua? Can you bite my neck?"

"Huh? Oh... Well..." Shua looks down in horror.

"See? You're just as embarrassed! My point was that he was a close friend that I trusted deeply. He was... my dearest childhood friend."

I look down and sigh, "So how can I not hate vampires? In fact, one of the reasons I wanted to transfer to this school was because of the library. Since there's a lare collection of classical texts, I thought I might find a way to get rid of the vampires."

"I wanted to get revenge for Junho. But... when I came face to face wih a vampire on the square the other day, for the first time in my life I'd never feel so terrified before. It was as if my entire body was complete. But thanks to that experience, I'm convinced that vampires are the definition of monsters!"

He looks down and seems sad a little bit, "Oh... I see."

"By the way, what brought you here?" I said, changing the topic.

"Hm? Ah, well..."

Mingyu POV

"I feel down..." Jihoon pouts as he looks gloomy while sitting on the sofa.

"Because of what Haeun said earlier? Don't be so sad. It's not like she said it knowing who we are." Chan laughs.

Jihoon sighs, "If... Haeun finds out about us, she'd be dissapointed, right?"

Everyone's face drop and they look down, except for me.

"Who cares if we let her down? Do you see now? I told you not to get close to her. We're meant to stay with each other and with each other only." I mumble.

"Hmph. But I want to hang out with Haeun." Jihoon pouts.

Hansol asks, "Why does she hate vampires so much in the first place?"

"What human would like vampires? It's no surprise that a human hates us." I scoff.

"But we don't hurt humans." Jeonghan mumbles.

"What's the point of saying that between us? To humans, all vampires are the same. No one would believe that we're different." I cross his arms in front of his chest.

"That's true. We can't just ask Haeun to believe us unless we kill off all the other vampires or something." Chan laughs awkwardly.

"Our only option would be to tell Haeun that..." Jihoon starts to imagine their plan.

"Mingyu is a vampire and then get ourselves out of this."

Woozi's plan :

"Mingyu is a vampire?!" Haeun looks shocked.

Woozi smiles, "I know! We were surprised, too."

"What are you waiting for? Let's get this over with." Jihoon says as he takes a firewood that Jeonghan collects and ask Chan to light the fire before giving it to Haeun.

"Take this, you evil vampire! Die!"

End of Jihoon's plan

Jihoon mumbles, "Mingyu, we'll remember your sacrifice. You'll life in our hearts forever--"

"HEY!!" I burst.

"Jeonghan, did you seriously just gather firewood for him?! And why'd you start the fire, Chan?!"

"I was proud of myself for gathering so many." Jeonghan's eyes sparkles.

"I got caught up in the moment." Chan laughs.

Just as they thought, Mingyu and Jihoon starts bickering again.

"Hey! Why are you being so selfish? We only need to sacrifice you!" Jihoon shouts.

"Do it yourself, then!" I reply.

Wonwoo stops them by his deep voice, "All right, enough fooling around. Let's make that our Plan B and--"

I shriek, "HOW IS THAT A PLAN B?!"

Wonwoo remains cold, "First, we should try our best to keep our identity a secret."

"Right. And we should refrain from using our abilities." Hansol nods.

"If people find out about us, will they hunt us down again? We barely made it out of the orphanage." Jeonghan sighs.

"But even if Haeun were to find out that we're vampires, I don't think she'd tell anyone." Chan said.

"How do you know that? Do you still intend to trust humans, after everything we've gone through?" I mumble as the flashback went to my mind.

Flashback

"Who are you? Why do you look like that? Where are you from? You ran away from an orphanage?" A girl asks.

Seven of us nods, shivers in fear.

She smiles afterwards, "This is an empty warehouse. Make yourselves at home. Don't worry, you can trust me."

But, that didn't last long. A week later, she caught us killing the chicken to drink it's blood. Crap. She gasps and run away to ask for help from the villager.

"You saw vampires?!"

"Where?! Where are they?!"

"We must kill them, now!!"

Without even think twice, we ran away from the warehouse, leaving the village and go to the forest nearby but we're stop in track by the orphanage's principal who was standing in front of us.

"Here you are. I told you it's dangerous to step outside the orphanage. Alright, let's go back to Oakwood House." She mumbles and take us with her.

End of flashback

My lips quiver and then I mumble, "Remember, we only have each other."

Haeun POV

"An invitation?" I mumble as Joshua hands me an envelope. Then, something clicks in me.

"Oh, right! You said someone's birthday was coming up!"

"Yeah. We'd love to have you there." He smiles.

"Of course I'll be there! Whose birthday is it, by the way?"

"All of us." He replies.

"None of us know when we were born."

I stop, "Oh... That means this day is..."

He nods, "That's the day we ran away from the orphanage."