29. Nightball

Haeun POV

"Get set, go!" The referee shouts and blow the whistle.

Hansol and Seungkwan jumps to get the ball that is flying in the air but Hansol is a bit faster. He snatches the ball and Seungkwan scoffs.

"Hmph!"

Hansol looks at his surroundings before throws the ball towards Wonwoo. Wonwoo manages to catch it and he starts running towards the rival's goal.

But Soonyoung and Seungcheol were in front of him, ready to steal the ball. Wonwoo grits his teeth before smirking, passing the ball to Chan.

"Chan!" He shouts and Dino nods, taking the ball.

Suddenly, Jihoon shouts for Dino. "Over here, Chan!"

Dino then throws the ball towards him and Jihoon smiles, starts running.

"Got it!"

But suddenly, Soonyoung throws himself towards Jihoon, tackling him to the ground.

"Ugh!" Jihoon grunts as Seokmin appears out of nowhere, stealing the ball from his hand.

"Good job, Soonyoung!" Seokmin said and Seungkwan suddenly shouts in front of him.

"Seokmin!"

Seokmin then throws the ball, "Seungkwan! Take this!"

Suddenly, Joshua appears in between them. He manages to catch the ball in a flash.

"Damn it!" Seungkwan curses.

With a burning gaze, Joshua throws the ball with all his might towards the goal and finally, he scores. Greenwich's students gasps in shock. The referee blew the whistle.

Elvesburgh 1 : 0 Greenwich

"Great job, Shua!" The others congratulate him.

They are looking so happy, running at the side of the field. Joshua glances at me with a smile and my cheeks burn.

"Hmph!" Soonyoung scoffs.

Seungkwan chuckles in sarcasm, "It's okay, we'll catch up soon."

*****

The game starts again, the ball is flying in the again.

"I got this!" Jeonghan whispers and leaps, trying to grab the ball but Seungkwan is faster than him.

"Sorry!" Seungkwan laughs.

"Shoot!" Jeonghan clenches his fist.

Seungkwan starts running with a wide smile, "It's wide open here--"

But his words got cut as he spots Hansol at the corner of his eyes. Hansol stands in front of Seungkwan, defending his goal.

"Ugh!"

Soonyoung suddenly tackles Hansol to the ground and Seungkwan smiles.

"Nice, Soonyoung!"

Seungkwan was already near the goal while Joshua and Mingyu are chasing after him from behind. Seungkwan grits his teeth and leaps to the air, throwing the ball. Eventually, he scores a goal.

"Yes! It's a tie now!"

Elvesburgh 1 : 1 Greenwich

"That was great, Seungkwan!" Seokmin gives him a high-five.

"Yeah!" Seungkwan smiles smugly.

"Ugh!" Joshua catches his breath as Mingyu grits his teeth. "Shoot!"

*****

The referee blow the whistle again and this time, the ball's owner keep changing. Sometimes it's Elvesburgh's, sometimes it's Greenwich's.

"Pass!"

"Over here!"

"Take this!"

Few mumbling can be heard from them as the game is getting a little intense. Hansol manages to steal the ball from Seungcheol but soon got tackles down by Seungkwan.

I know this is the final round... but it's different from the games I've seen before. I hope no one gets hurt.

"Excuse me." A woman voice suddenly calls me.

I turn my head to see an old but beautiful woman in his 50s with shoulder length blonde hair, wearing a pair of glasses, a black fedora and a long brown leather coat are standing in front of me.

"Yes? How can I help you?"

She then took off her fedora, smiling to me. "Can we talk for a minute?"