21. The You I Used to Know

Author POV

Junho grits his teeth as he lands a powerful punch on the wolf, making it stumbles to the floor.

"Mingyu!" Haeun shouts.

"Argh..." Junho grunts as he presses the wound on his neck.

"Haeun!" Soonyoung and his friends dashes towards me.

"Tsk! They're getting on my nerves!" Junho grits his teeth, ready to attack them.

Haeun gasps as she charges towards Junho, stopping him. "No! Stop!"

"I didn't want to do this to you, but if you keep getting in my way..."

Junho swings his arm towards me, attacking me with his sharp nails. "I'll take you even if it means knocking you down!"

Haeun gasps as she closes her eyes. "Ahhh!" But she feels someone clasps on her. She slowly opens her eyes, revealing Joshua.

"Joshua...?"

*****

"That punk's not like the other vampires!" Soonyoung glares.

Seungkwan adds, "He's right! Everyone..."

They all turn into their wolf form.

"Fight with all your might!!"

Everything happens so fast. They're working together to fight Junho. Well, this time you could say they're being a good friends.

"Joshua...?" Haeun whispers.

"Haeun... Are you okay?!" He speaks in worried. "Are you hurt at all?!"

Joshua tries to act cool but finally grunts in pain as he feels a sting of pain on his back. And that brokes Haeun's heart.

"Joshua... I don't understand what's going on! That's not the Junho I know! The Junho I know... wasn't a vampire." Haeun cries.

Joshua's gaze soften as he touches Haeun's cheek with his shaking hand, "I'm sorry, Eun-ah... I'm sorry... for being who I am."

Haeun's gazs soften as she feels tears rolling down her cheeks.

"You can hate me all you want for the rest of your life. But for now, will you run away with me?"

"I want to take you somewhere safe."

*****

Junho pants as he feels tired from fighting all those guys. "Ugh! Shoot! I need to run!"

Suddenly, a bright purple beam blinds them and Junho is nowhere to be seen again.

"He's gone..." They mumble.

Wonwoo clicks, "How about Haeun?! Is she okay?!"

*****

Of course she's okay. Haeun is sitting on a tree branch with Joshua. They look into each other's eyes... with full of love.