1- Messaged

Louise's POV

Beep beep beep bee-

I roll over and turn off my alarm, slowly dragging myself out of bed for another week of college.

I throw on a green cropped blouse, khaki shorts, black leggings, tennis shoes, and a pink beanie.

Heading out of my room I see Tina with her apron on eating breakfast with mom and dad

I take a deep sigh and look at Tina

"Hey T, you know you don't have to stay until I graduate college, to live your life, I don't want to hold you back."

"I know but I thought dad could use the help since he's getting older and you're gone most of the day" Tina Replies

"I mean I'm not that old, plus I still got your mom" Bob chimes in

"Alright keep telling yourself that pops gotta go bye"

"Bye Louise, have a good day!!" Mom shouts down the stairs.

As I head out the door I make a right and begin heading towards the subway. The subway makes it to where I have a 10 minute ride and 5 minute walk instead of a 30 minute walk so it cuts the trip in half.

While on the train I saw what you usually see on public subway, one couple around my age in the back making out, "gross" I think to myself, a hobo half asleep, two boys who are a little younger than me doing a bad job at hiding their relationship, and a bunch or trash, throw up, and mystery substances, it smelled like charred onions and piss.

I look at the boys, its shitty that they can't express themselves, I mean don't get me wrong this town is very supportive but half of the town believes you cannot know until you are around my age (19 ish), and they aren't my age

I try to get them off my mind and stare out into the street

Yet I kept glancing at the boys, I'm not sure why but I can feel the jealousy growing inside of me.

Not because they are cute (they aren't) but maybe because, even though a lot of people would hate them if they knew, they both look happy as ever.

Yeah a little awkward and sweaty, but happy.

I mean my first crush was a famous pop star, and then my best friend, but I never got to express those two openly, so I never caught feelings again after he left.

The train stops and I begin my 5 minute journey to "Bay College"

I personally think it's a stupid name for a college, but no one asked me.

When I got to the school I headed for my first class, and read the chalk board "take a seat next to the partner you were assigned Friday." I take a seat next to Ollie Pesto, my class partner. Coincidentally he also stayed in town to take over his dads restaurant too, like me.

(Jimmy Jr's was finally kicked out because he was going no where in life, so he moved to live with his mom who supports his dancing, and when Andy turned 16 he moved in with his best friend.)

(Luckily since Andy and Ollie never left the district I still had them as friends while Gene and Tina were in highschool and I was in middle.)

"Do you have any clue what we are doing today?" I whisper to him

"Not a clue, the teacher never explained he just gave us partners in the last 5 minutes of class friday, remember?" Ollie whispers back

Mr. Aswad (pronounced "Ass Wad") was late today, we sat in class for around 13 minutes after the bell had rang, finally he walked in to class. But he had a cowbell?!?

"Why the fuck does he have a cowbell?!" Ollie practically shouts

Everyone turns their head immediately, and I start laughing my ass off. Ollie turns a little red and burries his face in his hands

Clang clang clang

Everyone redirects their heads to the noise, is coming from Mr. Aswad.

Yep that's something I'm never going to get annoyed with I sigh and roll my eyes

Mr. Aswad clears his throat

"Ok ok attention everyone, today we will be cooking for the first time, since we are four months into..." his voice trails off I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket

"Shit" I whisper to myself who is texting me while I'm in class??

Even though we have a really small class for a college (only 17 kids), and the chance of me getting caught on my phone is high, I try my best to pull out my phone and take a peak. All I can see is the contact name "RS Rudy" before I hear Mr. Aswads voice bellow throughout the room.

"BELCHER! PHONE. AWAY"

Slipping my phone back into my pocket I just stare at my desk, letting my thoughts take over. Rudy. My first kiss, and technically, even though we never dated, my first love. Why is he texting me we haven't spoken in 5 years, since he moved. Why would he be messaging me now??

Ollie's POV - Short -

"Now class the reason I have this bell is because today could get a little loud and if anything happens I will need to be able to get your attention immediately" Mr. Aswad continues

I look over, towards Louise, after she got yelled at, and she looks.. confused, angry stressed.. constipated?

I've never seen her like that, even when we were younger she was able to hide things pretty well even though some people could still tell. Nowadays she tends to look genuinely happy like nothing bothered her. Not right now though. Somethings wrong.

Her right hand is resting on the side of head, and she is biting the nails on her left hand.

"Hey, Louise," I whisper as quietly as I can "what's wr-" I get interrupted by Mr. Aswad.

"LOUISE, OLLIE, OFFICE! YOU TWO HAVE INTERRUPPTED ENOUGH TODAY"

Damn I need to learn how to whisper.

2 seconds after walking out of aswads class

Louise's POV

After walking out of Aswads class I start heading for the door that leads outside instead of the office.

I'm actually grateful Ollie sucks at whispering for once, now I can see what that message was.

"Yo, where are you going??" Ollie says turning around, to head towards the door with me grabbing my shoulder.

"I'm blowing this joint, something come up that's why I was on my phone. Gotta go, you can come since we live near each other if you want."

He stands there for a second looking around, debating on where to go.

I don't have time for this, so I begin walking towards the door again. I look behind me to see if he's followed me or not, and I see him following me. I can't help but smile a little.

I pull out my phone to read the message, but I guess Ollie saw the name because before I could read the message he said

"Woah Rudy? You guys still talk?"

"No, we haven't in a while, so that's what came up I gotta see what this is"

Looking at my phone I read the words

"Hey Louise, I'm back in town, for good, I wanna see you"

My heart stops.

-----------------------------------

Notes are much appreciated I'm new to writing but I want to be better

-----------------------------------

Word count -1242