012: Junkyard

Maverick and Max were both searching for metal to put against the bus as a sorta fortress, Max kept taking quick glances at Eric she could see how tired and exhausted he looked

"Eric are you okay?" She asked quietly

"Yeah, yeah fine" he said panting, he touched his ears which was something his tended to do when he was lying.

"Eric I know when you're lying, you touched your right ear"

"How do you know I do that-" he started

"Eric cut the bullshit whats wrong" Max cut him off

"I'm just really hot right now, nothing big maybe just a fever." He rushed out, although a part of him knew what was wrong he didn't speak on it.

"Let's go back to the bus" he said not giving her a chance to talk as his disappeared

Max let out a deep sigh as she grabbed a piece of metal and walked back towards the bus. She really hoped Lucas was lying.

Before the group knew it, darkness had already overtook the world and the only light came from the moon above.

While everyone else was inside the bus, Maverick was laying on top of the bus.The heat from before had gotten worse he felt sharp pains shooting up his neck and often his veins were turning black. He continued to ignore it and started looking through binoculars to see anything remotely from another dimension.

A thin layer of mist covered the area, with the only sound for miles being Steve opening and closing his lighter repeatedly.

Eric heard some arguing from inside the trailer and rolled his eyes as he heard Steve talking to Dustin about not caring

Eric then heard the ladder squeaking and somebody climbing up.

He didn't turn around instead stayed in his still position looking out to the horizon

They both just say their peacefully

After a while, Max spoke. "It's kinda cool.

"Huh?" Eric questioned as Max nodded towards the ground. "The fog, I mean. Looks like the ocean."

"You miss it?" Eric asked now turning to face her

"What?" Max asked

"The ocean. The waves? California?" Maverick clarified as Max shrugged. "This place isn't so bad."

"I guess." Maverick spoke as they both looked around the bus, but still didn't see anything.

"My dad's still there. So..." Max shrugged Eric now giving Max his full attention. "Divorced?" he asked as Max nodded. "Yeah."

"Where is your family?" Max asked. "I mean, I only see you,Leo and your dad. Are your parents divorced too?"

"Unfortunately no." Eric softly chuckled a bit. "My mom died after giving birth to Leo." The thought of it still hurt him as he took one deep breath and explained the story

"The doctors, um, they found something wrong with my mum after she gave birth to Leo and when they went to go check it out. They planned a treatment for her however they didn't plan on doing it for the next few days, she died a few hours later."

"Of course, dad didn't handle that well. So he used drugs and alcohol to relief the pain, I guess it helped him for a while. He didn't want to stay in London anymore so... he moved us here. Wanted a fresh start"

"It was tough the first few weeks. Dad would just sit in his room and cry. And that left me to look after Leo"

"After my mum died my childhood was cut short, basically non existent because I had to take Leo to school, buy him new clothes, help him with his schoolwork because, because I wasn't going to let him grow up thinking nobody loved him"