ch16: "i can take her in."

Hawkins, Indiana - Starcourt Mall
third person pov

the group outside heard growling coming from the roof of the mall, steve and robin stood up from their seats in the car. the mind flayer growled at them and roared.

jonathan managed to get the car on, driving up to the two. nancy rolled the window down, "get in!"

robin and steve rushed out of the car and into jonathan's. they drove away and the mind flayer started to chase them.

-'*'-

billy struggled to get out of his car, coughing up blood and groaning as be stood up. the car caught in flames when he began to walk.

max, el, y/n, and mike had just exited through the back, billy's attention going straight to them as they were the only ones left.

"shit!" max exclaimed as the group turned around.

"go, go, go, go, go!" mike ushered.

y/n began running, but turned around and pressed on the button to close the gate, running back to her friends. it slowly moved to shut, but it didn't make it. billy had caught it and pushed it back open.

they ran down the hall, breathing heavily. the lights above them flickered. y/n and el made noises from the pain of the gashes.

the squad found an elevator. mike pressed the button multiple times. max heard a door open so she went to the hallway, "billy."

y/n, el, and mike turned around quickly. max's heart was pounding out of her chest as billy walked over to her, "billy, you don't have to do this. billy. you're name it billy, billy hargrove. you live on 4819 cherry lane. billy, please, i'm max, i'm your—"

billy ignored her pleads and knocked her out with a swift punch. she fell to the ground and lost consciousness.

he turned to the other three, mike charging forward and trying to attack him but he failed miserably. the possessed boy threw mike against the wall, causing him to hit his head on a pole and pass out.

then he turned to eleven, she tried to use her powers but it didn't work. he pushed her against the wall twice and she knocked out. y/n was all that was left.

she threw boiling water against him and threw him against the wall. she held her focus as much as she could, trying so hard not to let the weakness get her.

the girl felt herself growing dizzy. she was already tired from the pain in her waist. billy managed to swing at her and punch her under her eye. he picked her up and slammed her onto the floor. a bruise began to form under her eye as she lost a battle against her consciousness.

billy picked up the two girls and slung them both over his shoulder, leaving mike and max behind. he walked down the hallway and to the main area of the mall, where he would soon be met with the mind flayer.

the lights flickered above him as he set the two girls onto the floor. he kneeled above them and whispered into both of their ears as they stirred awake. "don't be afraid. it'll be over soon. just try and stay very still."

the words hit y/n. she sat up quickly but was pushed down harshly by billy's boot. the mind flayer stood on the roof, snarling down at the teens below. it stomped over to them and growled.

the two girls sat up again and tried to crawl away. y/n latched her hand onto el's and pulled her along as she slid along the floor. suddenly, a firework exploded on the monster.

y/n looked at the second story and say lucas, "flay this, you ugly piece of shit!" he threw another explosive right into the monster's mouth.

y/n looked around and saw all her friends throwing explosives, including will. she turned to billy and saw that it was causing damage to him to, so she quickly stood up, trying to get eleven to stand up too. as she latched her hand onto el's to pull her up, she felt something kick her feet, causing her to fall down.