The Spirit, Princess

30 years ago, near the China-Mongolia border, a massive spacequake devastated the center of Euraisa, resulting in a tragic 150 million deaths. And now.... (YN) was about to be woken up by his little sister.

At the Itsuka household, (YN) was sleeping peacefully in his bed when a finger lightly pokes on his cheek. The sleeping demon swats the finger away and turns over to continue to slumber. However, the mysterious finger continued to his cheek until he woke up, making him groan irritably. He turns over to see his younger foster sister, Kotori, in her middle school uniform, in his bed and smiling at him.

Kotori: Good morning, Nii-nii, my favorite brother.

(YN): Good morning, Kotori, my cute and annoying sister. How come you always smile after waking me up?

Kotori: Because it makes me really cute and always brighten your day.

(YN): Can you at least try to pretend to think of another reason for doing that?

Kotori: Nope. And you said that you wanted to see me smile whenever you woke up.

(YN): I never said that.

Kotori: You said it when I was little. "Kotori, I want to see that precious smile every time I wake up. It makes you really cute and makes waking up slightly better."

(YN): I never said that last part!

Kotori: Ha! I knew you remembered!

(YN): Oh, you little....

The red-haired girl chuckles as (YN) sighs frustratedly.

(YN): Do you have to annoy me this early in the morning?

Kotori: Yes, I do. It is the natural duty of all younger siblings to annoy their older siblings. And now that you're up, here's something you deserve to make your day better.

She sits up and hold her arms open for a hug.

(YN): A good luck hug? I haven't had bad luck since you guys took me in so I don't need one.

Kotori: Please, Nii-nii. Consider it as an apology for waking you up.

(YN): Even though you do it every morning.

Kotori: Just accept it. If you don't, I'll be mad at you for the rest of the day.

(YN): All right.

I sit up and embrace Kotori in a soft hug, making her sigh in happiness as I accept her hug.

(YN): You're lucky that I'm not too annoyed to not accept your hugs. Otherwise, I'd let you go into hug withdrawl.

Kotori: You wouldn't.

(YN): Wanna try me?

As I finish hugging her, Kotori grabs my arm as I pull away from her.

Kotori: Let me hug you just a little longer to make sure the good luck will work. Please?

(YN): Already going into hug withdrawal?

Kotori: No. I just enjoy the feeling. It's relaxing. So can I?

(YN): How about a lap pillow instead?

Kotori: Hmm.....

(YN): Along with a headpat. I'll give it to you before we have breakfast.

Kotori: Promise?

(YN): Promise.

Kotori releases her brother's arm and holds out her pinky to him.

Kotori: Pinky promise.

I wrap my pinky around hers.

Kotori: Break your promise, you have to swallow a thousand needles.