Chapter fourteen

status: unedited

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft was by all means a small community, similar to that of a village

Hogwarts School of Wizardry and Witchcraft was by all means a small community, similar to that of a village. Not everyone was friends or enemies. Some had only in their mind a vested interest that was targeted with ulterior motives, or again some had pure intentions. It had all sorts of people.

So, nevertheless, it was natural that whatever was happening at this school would immediately become known throughout the day. The news would reach every forgotten corner of the castle, and if they were prominent enough, they would stir up strong reactions among the students. The reason? Well, of course, the renowned newspaper Tapage, always attracted the readers' interest with its well-crafted headlines and its carefully shaped images.

Some eagerly awaited the newspaper to renew its weekly articles, finding nourishment in the insatiable proclaimed gossip that was pushed forward to them. While others could not even stand at the mere sight of the golden calligraphic letters of the title shining on the soft paper.

Entering the Great Hall, Althea could not help but notice the peculiar reactions around the tables. Undoubtedly, the most radiant one was that of her own house. Her curiosity got the best of her. As it seems Juan Chang had reported something quite irritating to his article for the Slytherin table to create such a tense atmosphere.

Some of her classmates were discussing radiantly in husked voices about the new accusations that Tapage had accredited to their house while others were creasing the crisped printed paper into a small mass of nothingness— perhaps this was how they saw the ridiculous attempt of hitting its house's dignity. A bullet that had passed by their ears with a buzzed echo and nothing more. An annoying mosquito that would sooner or later stop if it would just quit babbling.

Her eyes found Juan's at the opposite table, the one of Gryffindor, and she could tell that his irises sparkled even from afar by the sight that was laying in front of him. He raised his hand mumbling a small good morning to the girl and Althea did the same. Juan despised Slytherin and now seeing them humiliated by his own words, developed a heavy feeling of pride inside him. He hoped that the group of Tom Riddle would appetite the taste of their own medicine and venom they had been serving to the students all these years.