Chapter 27

Bai Liwei was adorning herself in front of the mirror.

As the number one beauty in the world, she was truly remarkable. Her skin was as smooth as jade, her eyebrows delicately brushed, and her beautiful eyes carried a hint of noble aloofness.

However, she wasn't completely cold and distant. Instead, there was a captivating charm emanating from her seemingly indifferent demeanor.

With just a glimpse, it could enthrall and linger in one's soul, making it unforgettable.

Bai Liwei picked a golden hairpin from the jewelry box held by a maid beside her. The long strands of pearls hung by her temples, swaying in the air with her movements.

"Do you think Zhou Siwei will really come?" Bai Liwei murmured as she looked at her reflection in the mirror.

In the mirror was such a stunning beauty. Her face was as radiant as a blooming lotus, seemingly capable of extracting water. With a slight pursing of her lips, a trace of sorrow appeared in the mirror.

The maid, who kept her head lowered, plucked up the courage to console her. "Of course, he will come."

No matter what kind of man he was, when a peerless beauty whom he once admired was about to marry, he would come no matter what.

Unless... he simply didn't like women at all.

Bai Liwei received reassurance, and the hint of sorrow at the corner of her mouth transformed into a calm determination.

Bai Liwei prepared for the final touches. She picked up a brush from the dressing table, dabbed it with some pigment, and painted a lotus flower on her forehead. This added a touch of grace to her already unparalleled beauty.

"Is everything ready?" Bai Liwei suddenly spoke, her voice extremely soft, as if afraid of being overheard.

"Everything is ready," the maid replied, also lowering her voice.

Bai Liwei stood up, wearing the dignified attire of White Jade Capital, with a long train trailing behind her.

"Let's go."

Two maids entered the room. Both of them had the cultivation level of Golden Core stage, but in front of Bai Liwei, they only had the qualification to hold the train of her dress.

Bai Liwei walked at the forefront, dressed in exquisite attire with delicate makeup, heading to meet her fiancé.

Her wedding was not to be taken lightly—it was not only a wedding but also a trap filled with intricate schemes.

The celestial maiden's wedding would last for half a month. On the first day, major sects would come to present their congratulations. The gifts would be announced by a specially assigned child, and the news would be spread to every corner of White Jade Capital through the ubiquitous wind chimes.

"Penglai Immortal's emissary—"

As the child announced, the person who walked out was Tan Jingfang, the most outstanding disciple of the current generation from Penglai Immortal.

This young man had gained some reputation among the new generation, and all the disciples had heard of Tan Jingfang's name. When they heard the name, they all turned their attention towards him.

During these past few days, the young man seemed to have grown taller. Wearing the pure white attire of Penglai Immortal, he already looked like a dependable man.

Tan Jingfang was not alone. Behind him, there was a young girl who was not very old. He deliberately paused, waiting for the girl to catch up with his steps. "Yunxi."