**EDIT** !! IMPORTANT UPDATE !!

**EDIT**

I have officially started work on the new draft! Planning stages are so much fun but so draining 😩

I've made another google form (big surprise) that I would really appreciate you filling out. It takes two minutes and a little bit of remembering about the book ;) It'll help me write a book you guys want to read- you are in control here. I don't know how savvy wattpad is with links, or how savvy I am with wattpad, but the link is here if you like a good old fashioned copy and paste.

(if you're on the web, there's a little button that just says 'external link' next to the share features at the bottom of this page. that'll take you right there)

https://forms.gle/UCnEfKEr639pQbJi7

Thanks a bunch ;)

Laura x

***

Hi folks!

It's been two years this month since I finished writing When the Sun Sets (which is absolutely insane!) and I've decided to give it a little revisit. This lovely little project has now reached tens of thousands of people in 110 countries (so surreal), so I feel like it's long overdue a bit of TLC.

Did I promise a trilogy? Yes.

Did I have any idea how much work that would require with my idea of planning? Absolutely not!

I started writing this in lockdown when I was sixteen and bored. I'm now an almost nineteen year old full-time Creative Writing student who would love to have the time to dedicate to a trilogy, but I just don't. With university work and writing my first novel on the side (which is super cool. If you're here for more than Matt Smith and space adventures and want to support my silly little writing journey, I'm @petrichorpaperbacks on Instagram and sometimes TikTok), I just don't have time to write a full-blown trilogy. So here's what I'm planning.

I want to give the book a refurbished second draft. Add in the kisses and romantic gestures I was too scared to add in the first time, round off a few storylines and stop Amy from being such a bitch to Rory (sad but true- justice for Rory). I'll keep both this book and what I wrote of the sequel up and live until I finish the re-write, so feel free to do so while I fiddle with the narrative.

There are a few things I want to change. I want to take out as much of the used plots as possible- making as much of the plot my own ideas rather than re-writing the pre-existing episodes. I'll replace a few chapters with unused plots from the second and third books I haven't had time to write, and I'm going to work on a more cohesive narrative arc. I think one of the things that made this a bit iffy the first time around was writing it in a chapter-by-chapter basis so you guys would want to read the next one! I also want to make it a little bit more realistic (for want of a better word in terms of time travelling aliens), but I don't want to change things you guys like! Feel free to comment things you liked or drop me a cheeky DM. 

Lots of love and hugs (and big crazy thank yous for your continued support),

Laura x