Chapter 5 - Shadows of Redemption: The Rise of Adeline

𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝘛𝘩𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘦𝘹𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘪𝘯𝘴 𝘴𝘤𝘦𝘯𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘶𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘯𝘷𝘰𝘭𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘯𝘦𝘨𝘭𝘦𝘤𝘵/𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘰𝘧 𝘷𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘦, 𝘱𝘴𝘺𝘤𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘢𝘳𝘬 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘴, . 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥, 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘴.

***

Oh, how naive she had been. She dreamt of it, longed for something that was never meant to be hers in the first place.

That fateful day had been an eye-opener for the naive, scared girl. That was the day Adeline Potter died, and Adeline Celeste Potter-Black was born.

***

ᴅᴇᴀʀ ᴅɪᴀʀʏ,

ᴍʏ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ɪs ᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ ᴘᴏᴛᴛᴇʀ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏᴅᴀʏ, ᴏɴ ᴍᴀʏ 𝟸𝟹ʀᴅ, ᴠᴇʀɴᴏɴ ᴅᴜʀsʟᴇʏ ᴘᴜɴɪsʜᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ ʙʏ ʜɪᴛᴛɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ʙᴇʟᴛ ғᴏʀ ɴᴏᴛ ᴄᴏᴍᴘʟᴇᴛɪɴɢ ᴍʏ ᴄʜᴏʀᴇs ᴏɴ ᴛɪᴍᴇ. ɪᴛ ʟᴇғᴛ ᴍᴇ sʜᴏᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ, ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇ ғɪʀsᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ, ᴀ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ ᴏғ ᴡᴇᴀᴋɴᴇss ᴇɴɢᴜʟғᴇᴅ ᴍᴇ. ʏᴇᴛ, ɪ ᴋɴᴏᴡ ɪ ᴘᴏssᴇss ɪᴍᴍᴇɴsᴇ ᴘᴏᴡᴇʀ; ᴀғᴛᴇʀ ᴀʟʟ, ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ᴡɪᴛᴄʜ. ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴɪᴛɪᴀʟ sᴀᴅɴᴇss ᴛʀᴀɴsғᴏʀᴍᴇᴅ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴀɴɢᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ʜᴀᴛᴇ, ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ sᴄᴏʀᴄʜ ᴇᴍᴇʀɢᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜɪɴ ᴍᴇ.

ɪɴ ʟɪɢʜᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs ᴛʀᴀɴsғᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ, ɪ'ᴠᴇ ʀᴇᴀʟɪᴢᴇᴅ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɴᴀᴍᴇ ᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ ғᴇᴇʟs ᴛᴏᴏ ᴏʀᴅɪɴᴀʀʏ. ɪ'ᴠᴇ ᴅᴇᴄɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴇᴍʙʀᴀᴄᴇ ᴀ ɴᴇᴡ ɴᴀᴍᴇ-ʟɪʟɪᴛʜ. ɪᴛ ʜᴀs ᴀ ɴɪᴄᴇ ʀɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɪᴛ, ᴏɴᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʀᴇsᴏɴᴀᴛᴇs ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴛʜᴇ sᴛʀᴇɴɢᴛʜ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇ ɪ sᴇᴇᴋ.

ᴍɪɴᴇs,
ᴀᴅᴇʟɪɴᴇ-ʟɪʟɪᴛʜ

***

𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐢𝐩 - 𝟑 𝐰𝐞𝐞𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫

In the first week, Adeline's recovery had been difficult. Her body was weak when the blocks on her magic were removed, and it was too sudden for her body and core to adjust to this "new magic," resulting in bed rest.

As powerful as Adeline is, she had weaknesses. There are much more potent individuals out there, much as she loathed to admit Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore was one of them. She didn't like Dumbledore, but she didn't hold hate for him as Tom did. But that's a story for another day.

Each day, her body slowly improved with the assistance of Ms. Daisy. Fortunately for Adeline, the "new magic" wasn't rejected by her core; it was melding, making it larger and making her more powerful than an average 6-year-old witch. Adeline practiced simple magic like levitating charms and the Lumos spell, gradually progressing into transfiguration spells to get her now larger core and body adjusted.

She also took the potions and ointments given to her by the goblins and goblettes. The scars on her body were healing at a steady rate, yet Adeline could tell it would be at least three years until they started to fade. She began meditating to stabilize her core, something she had learned from a book called 'Magic Theories' she found in Diagon Alley.