Chapter 3 - Adeline's Awakening: An Enchanting Revelation (Pt. 2)

𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠: 𝘝𝘪𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘱𝘩𝘺𝘴𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘗𝘢𝘪𝘯, 𝘤𝘩𝘪𝘭𝘥 𝘢𝘣𝘶𝘴𝘦, 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘶𝘮𝘢, 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘴𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯, 𝘣𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘐𝘯𝘫𝘶𝘳𝘺, 𝘮𝘦𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘢𝘭 𝘱𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘦𝘥𝘶𝘳𝘦𝘴, 𝘮𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘴𝘵𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘵, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘭𝘦𝘨𝘢𝘭 𝘮𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘴, 𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘪𝘮𝘢𝘨𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘢𝘯𝘤𝘦, 𝘱𝘰𝘸𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘺𝘯𝘢𝘮𝘪𝘤𝘴. 𝘙𝘦𝘢𝘥𝘦𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘴𝘤𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘪𝘴 𝘢𝘥𝘷𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘤𝘪𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘴𝘪𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘵𝘰𝘱𝘪𝘤𝘴.

***

The ritual room, radiant with an ethereal presence, possessed an awe-inspiring size that emphasized its significance. Intricate runes, carefully inscribed on the walls, glimmered with a gentle luminescence, resonating with ancient power.

As Adeline entered, the palpable hum of magic filled the air, whispering secrets of forgotten healing arts. At the room's center, a grand tub stood, adorned with an intricate arrangement of runes that encircled its rim. This vessel, filled with water as pure as moonlight, became a conduit for the remarkable properties held within the symbols. As the water mingled with the runes' intricate dance, it transformed into a potent elixir of rejuvenation and restoration.

Gazing beyond this remarkable spectacle, one would find a hospital wing, a sanctuary where the interplay of ancient runes and contemporary medicine intertwined to offer solace, hope, and unparalleled healing for a price.

Adeline couldn't help but feel a sense of awe as she observed the ancient magic that seemed to permeate the room, evoking a nostalgic feeling within her. However, she couldn't quite pinpoint the reason behind this sensation.

Duzz led the saud girl over to the hospital wing and started organizing and laying down potions that were on the tray onto a shelf by the hospital bed. As Adeline sat on the bed and saw the fluffiest white towel she has ever seen in her life. While the other goblins and goblette occupied elsewhere.

Adeline snapped out her musing as she heard Duzz's voice

"That towel has magic properties: it will dry and clean almost you once you touch it. It will be in the hospital wing and given back to you once the ritual is done" Duzz explained giving her a robe. Adeline nodded as she took the robe.

Criotnalmee instructed, "Alright, take off your clothes, put on this robe, then get into the water." Despite her aversion to being commanded, Adeline understood the urgency of the situation and refrained from protesting. Adeline undressed, revealing the scars of pastadorned abuse inflicted by the Dursleys, prominently marked on her back. She then clothed herself in the robe, resembling a sheet, provided by the goblin, and stepped into the water. The goblins joined hands, initiating an immediate chant.

As the goblins began chanting in Gobbledegook, Adeline lay submerged in the water, overcome with discomfort. A sudden prickling sensation pierced her chest, causing her to squirm uncontrollably. Biting down on her lip forcefully, blood trickled out as her hands clenched in agony, leaving crescent-shaped imprints on her palms.

Suppressing the urge to release a scream, tears streamed down her face while her head throbbed relentlessly, as if repeatedly struck against a wall. Although the water tempted her to thrash about for relief, she found herself immobilized, unable to move.