Double Date It Is

Requested by CASH_JOHNS0N (mixture between cute and slight NSFW)

What a beautiful morning. For once, it isn't so bad after all.

The little bell attached above the door rang, 2 people coming in. They halted briefly and looked around, spotting another pair waving at them. One was enthusiastically waving, the other was sitting very comfortably, acknowledging their presence. The new pair walked to their table and sat across them. "Oh my gosh, it's been awhile! I miss you so much Lucia!" Gus beamed, if possible, you could imagine there were stars in his eyes. "Dude, we've just talked yesterday. Glad you've missed me so much." She chuckled, sitting comfortably with her girlfriend sitting next to her. 

Just the four, good friends. Having an early breakfast before their work starts. 

Firstly, we have Gus. He does human science as a professor from his high-school. Instead of an old man sitting all day behind the screen and screaming at the students that open their mouths, he's the most chillest professor you could probably meet. 

Matt, Gus' boyfriend of 3 years now, is a construction worker. Nothing interesting unless he times he's flexed his biceps at home after work.

Lucia, the one with dryness lingering in her tone after graduating university for the impossible, works as a bartender at the weekends and barista during the mornings. For a woman who has gone through blood, sweat and tears, that was unexpected. The only reason why she even choose to work such simple job was to impress Boscha with her coffee skills.

And yes, Boscha the popular jock from high-school, well-known bully too. She works as a pharmacist for now, she's just waiting if the nearby hospital would even accept her. Both she and Lucia moved to the area after Gus excitedly recommended them here. Sure she was hesitant about it, however her girlfriend reassured her it would be fine.

What could possibly go wrong?

While the four of them chatted for hours, ate breakfast and drank morning coffee, Lucia paid for the bill fully because she was in a nice mood today despite Gus being whiny about it. Spending their day all around, checking out some stuff that were built right after the couple left, meeting old friends that lost contact and getting some ice cream in the park. 

It's crazy, because in their high-school years it was so chaotic and hard to believe that this is them now, a couple of years older. Much more mature, too. 

A sign escapes from Matt's lips, Lucia curiously asks what was on his mind. 

"Well, I just recalled. I was really such a bitch to you, Boscha and my baby." he cooed at Gus, proceeding to kiss-attack him on his cheek. "It's all in the past," Boscha started, licking her chocolate ice cream. "if you haven't, then I'm positive this wouldn't have been your life. Think about it," she paused, ensuing another lick as the ice cream was starting to melt onto her hand. Lucia would've gladly licked them off, though. Just saying. "if you did not bother to act like a smartass during human science, Gus surely never looks at you like he does now." Cursing herself, the ice cream dripped onto her white shorts. The group snickered, Lucia offered a handkerchief. Still, she would like to do something else for that. 

"Weren't you also a bitch though?" Gus suddenly asks, sure he rarely cusses but he did make a point. "Well, yeah, obviously. I was such an insecure asshole that really wanted everyone's attention, until you suddenly came out of nowhere." She nudged Lucia, hitting her roughly at the side that caused her to wheeze. Her soul probably was leaving. 

After the incident caused by the new transfer, Boscha aimed her as her number one target. Bullying is never okay, but even so- the principal shrugged it off since she was a star player for all sports. Basketball team captain, star player for (American) football, top lead player on ice, hockey, and occasionally would play chess against the nerds. Crazy she would bully people for fun despite playing chess with top students of every class that does chess. 

It wasn't much, the four of them met properly after Lucia decided to get thrown in their school. The main reason why they became closer. It actually got intense once she got expelled and wasn't no longer welcomed in, whereas the three originals got out of their seats during class when the news spread out into their ears to convince principle Bump.

"I think it was great." Lucia casually says, watching the clouds slowly move all the way up there. 

Truly, today was a great day.