Chapter 3: We're On Our Way

Meanwhile.

In the Artisian's Homeworld.

Spyro,Hero of the Dragon Wars,Was enjoying a Nice Vacation,Along with Cynder,His Mate,At the Dragon Shores,To Celebrate Their First Anniversary,Together.

The Two were,Finally,Getting,Some Relaxation,Without Him,Cynder and,His Friend,Sparx,Stopping a Villain,Like Gnasty Gnorc,Ripto or the Sorceress,For,Like,the 80th Time.

The Couple was Happy,Now,That,Spyro had retired,And,They had found a Permanent Home,In the Artisian's Homeworld.

Spyro and Cynder were,Laying on the Ground,Side by Side,Looking Up at the Stars,Just Happy,To be spending Time Together,as They looked at the Stars,And,Held Paws.

At First,Everything seemed Normal to Them.

It,Just looked like,The Stars were Twinkling,Brightly.

But.

When Spyro,Actually,Paid Attention to Them,He could see It.

The Stars weren't Twinkling,They were starting to blink Out of Existence.

Like,They had never Existed,In the First Place.

"Hey,Cynder,Do You see,What I'm Seeing?" Spyro asked,In Curiosity,Trying to make Sure,He was Seeing,Correctly.

"Spyro," Cynder called,With Concern,In Her Voice,as She was,Now,Sitting Up,And,Tapping his Shoulder.

"What is It,Cynd?" Spyro wondered,as He sat Up,To look at,What She was looking At.

When Spyro looked,He saw,Exactly,What She was Seeing,And,It was Not Good.

There was Something Weird,Happening to the Ground.

Something was Opening Up,In the Ground.

And,When They looked Closer.

They realized,They weren't,Just Openings.

These Openings were Portals,From Other Worlds.

Ones,They didn't Quite Recognize.

Portals started to Open Up,All Around Them.

In the Sky,On the Ground,Even in the Water.

It was like,The Whole Universe was becoming Unstable.

Spyro and Cynder looked at Each Other,And Nodded,Knowing,Exactly,What They needed to do.

They needed to seek Out Nestor,Leader of the Artisian Dragons.

And,That was,Exactly,What They did.

Spyro,Cynder and Sparx went Straight to Nestor,To get to the Bottom of,What was going on.

"And,That's When,We came to You,Nestor," Cynder mentioned,Finishing the Explanation,That Her,Spyro and Sparx were telling to Him.

"Hmm,This is Most Disturbing,Not Unexpected,But,Disturbing," Nestor stated,With a Serious Look on his Face.

"What is It,Sir?" Spyro retorted,Wondering,What Nestor was Saying,Was So Disturbing.

"Well,Spyro,These Disappearing Stars and Mysterious Portals can,Only mean One Thing,That,The Core of Light,Our Most Sacred Artifact,has become Unstable," Nestor announced.

"If You don't mind Me asking,Nestor,What is the Core of Light?" Cynder responded,Curiously,Wanting to know,What the Core of Light was.

"I'm Glad,You Asked,Cynder,The Core of Light is Our Most Sacred Artifact,For a Reason,You See,The Core of Light is a Magical Artifact,With the Power to control Our Universe,And,Many Others,It,Also has the Power to Supply Us,With Portals,Between Worlds," Nestor eludicated.